ST. LOUIS - Saint Louis head volleyball coach Kent Miller has released the 2017 Billiken volleyball schedule. The slate includes two home tournaments, two road tournaments and a challenging Atlantic 10 schedule. In all, the Billikens will play six teams who competed in the 2016 NCAA Tournament.
Notes about the 2017 schedule:
• The Billikens will open the season with a tournament at BYU on August 25-26. Saint Louis joins a field of BYU, Ohio State and Texas – Rio Grande Valley, all three of which participated in the 2016 NCAA Championship.
• Saint Louis hosts the Marcia E. Hamilton Classic on September 1-2. The Billikens host Illinois State, Kennesaw State and UC Irvine at Chaifetz Arena.
• SLU then plays in a tournament at Western Kentucky on September 8-9. In addition to the Hilltoppers, Saint Louis plays Pitt and Eastern Tennessee State in the tournament. Pitt and WKU played in the NCAA tournament last season.
• In the Billiken Invitational on September 15-16, SLU hosts Louisiana Tech, DePaul and Little Rock in Chaifetz Pavilion.
• The Billikens open Atlantic 10 Conference play against Dayton on September 22.
• Saint Louis will celebrate Senior Day on November 5 against Rhode Island in Chaifetz Pavilion.
• The 2017 Atlantic 10 Conference volleyball championship will take place on November 17-19 in Pittsburgh.
To view the complete volleyball schedule, click here.