WHEN: Saturday, August 12, 2017 • 7 p.m. CDT
WHERE: Robert R. Hermann Stadium • St. Louis, Missouri
SLU-UMKC SERIES: SLU leads 9-0
BILLIKENS’ LAST GAME: Dayton 2, SLU 1 (OT) (Nov. 10, 2016, Atlantic 10 quarterfinals)
KANGAROOS’ LAST GAME: UNLV 3, UMKC 1 (Nov. 5, 2016)
TICKETS ($10 general admission): Click here, call (314) 977-4SLU or purchase at the gate the day of the game
LIVE VIDEO: None (there will be no live streams of the Billikens’ three exhibition games)
LIVE STATS: StatBroadcast
A LOOK AT THE BILLIKENS
• Saint Louis plays its first of three exhibition matches on Saturday when it hosts UMKC at Hermann Stadium. Kickoff is scheduled for 7 p.m.
• Saint Louis returns 15 student-athletes from last year’s squad. The roster features 11 newcomers (nine freshmen). Click here for the complete roster.
• The Billikens are coming off a season that saw them finish 7-8-3 overall. SLU posted a 6-2 record in Atlantic 10 Conference play to win the A-10 regular-season title.
• Senior goalkeeper Sascha Otte returns between the posts. He ranks among the NCAA’s active leaders with 20 career shutouts.
• Sophomore forward Saadiq Mohammed is the leading returning scorer after scoring three goals – all game-winners in conference play – a season ago. He was joined on the A-10 All-Rookie team by sophomore defender Quayyum Murana.
• Head coach Mike McGinty is in his eighth season at Saint Louis. The reigning A-10 Coach of the Year, McGinty has a 74-47-13 record at SLU.
• Next up, Saint Louis hosts St. Louis Community College on Monday, Aug. 14, in a 7 p.m. kickoff at Hermann Stadium.
• The regular-season opener is scheduled for Friday, Aug. 25, against Syracuse. Game time at Hermann Stadium is 7:30 p.m. and the game is part of a doubleheader with the women’s team (SLU vs. Illinois State at 5 p.m.). That night serves as the annual freshmen welcome game, where all SLU freshmen take part in a spirit contest during the game.
• The Billikens’ nonconference home schedule features six teams in the preseason United Soccer Coaches’ top 25 poll. Click here for the complete 2017 schedule.
• SLU will hold its annual Season Kickoff Dinner on Friday, Aug. 18, at 5:30 p.m. at Lorenzini’s. This year’s event will feature Billiken alum and CFO of World Wide Technology, Tom Strunk. To register, click here.
A LOOK AT THE KANGAROOS
• UMKC returns all starters from last year’s team that went 2-12-2 overall and 1-7-2 in the WAC.
• St. Louisan Eric McWoods led UMKC in goals last year, scoring four of the Kangaroos’ 11 tallies.
• Filippo Errico started all but two of UMKC’s games last year in goal. He had a 2.13 goals against average and averaged nearly five saves per game.
• Rick Benben is in his 20th year as head coach at UMKC.