BILLIKEN VOLLEYBALL: Holliday Inn Invitational
WHEN: Sept. 8-9, 2017
WHERE: Bowling Green, Kentucky (Diddle Arena)
WHO: Pitt (2-3) [Friday, 1 p.m.] | ETSU (2-4) [Saturday, 11 a.m.] | Western Kentucky (6-2) [ Saturday, 5 p.m.]
SLU-Pitt SERIES: SLU leads all-time series 2-0 | SLU won last meeting 3-1 on 11/9/07
SLU-ETSU SERIES: SLU leads all-time series 1-0 | SLU won last meeting 3-0 on 9/12/97
SLU-WKUSERIES: SLU leads all-time series 4-3 | WKU won last meeting 3-0 on 9/3/16
A LOOK AT THE BILLIKENS
• The Billikens enter the tournament 0-6. The Billikens dropped all three contests in the Marcia E. Hamilton Classic. Camila Rivas was named to the All-Tournament team after recording 83 assists in 10 sets. Freshman Maya Taylor excelled in the tournament, recording 26 kills in seven sets (3.71 per set) with a .297 attack percentage. Against UC Irvine, Sien Gallop recorded six aces (including five in a row to open the fourth set), the fifth-highest single-match total in the NCAA this season.
• Freshman Maya Taylor leads the Billikens
• Senior Lauren Leverenz has 2.57 kills per set with a team-leading .327 attack percentage.
• Camila Rivas is the team setter, recording 9.19 assists per set, fourth in the Atlantic 10.
• Libero Mackenzie Long posts 3.19 digs per set.
• Sien Gallop leads SLU with nine aces this season.
• The Billikens have a trio leading the team in blocking. Nenye Okoro, Lauren Leverenz and Lauren Mershon all have 13 blocks this season.
• Saint Louis head coach Kent Miller has 99 wins at the helm of Saint Louis. His next win will make him the third coach in SLU history to notch 100 wins with the Billikens.
A LOOK AT PITT
• The Panthers enter the weekend 2-3, picking up a three-set win against Dayton last weekend.
• Pitt is led at the net by Nika Markovic, who posts 3.53 kills per set.
• Kamalani Akeo is the setter which 8.84 assists per set.
• The Panthers have three people excelling at the service line: Markovic (six aces), Hanna Markewycz (six aces) and Stephanie Williams (five aces).
• Markovic (3.00 digs per set) and Angela Seman (3.89 digs per set) lead the Pitt defensive efforts.
• Markovic also leads the team with 15 blocks this year. Chinaza Ndee and Layne Van Buskirk each have 13 blocks.
A LOOK AT ETSU
• The Bucs are 2-4 this year, picking up wins against Virginia and Appalachian State last weekend.
• ETSU has a pair of hitters pacing the offense in AJ Lux (3.10 kills per set) and Rylee Milhorn (3.00 kills per set).
• Alyssa Kvarta leads the team with 138 assists (6.57 per set).
• Kvarta also leads with seven aces this season.
• On the back row, Hailey Aguilar records 3.57 digs per set.
• Mariah McPartland has 17 blocks this year.
A LOOK AT WKU
• WKU is 6-2 this season and receiving votes in the AVCA National Poll.
• The Lady Toppers are eighth in the NCAA in team hitting percentage at .320.
• WKU features two big hitters in Rachel Anderson (3.38 kills per set, .397 attack percentage) and Alyssa Cavanaugh (3.69 kills per set, .362 attack percentage).
• Jessica Lucas posts 10.58 assists per set.
• Anderson has 23 blocks this season, 0.88 per set.
• Emma Kowalkowski leads the team with eight aces and 3.19 digs per set.