BILLIKEN SWIMMING AND DIVING: CSCAA Open Water Nationals
WHEN: Saturday, Sept. 16
WHERE: Lawrence, Kansas (Lone Star Lake)
• Saint Louis swimming and diving opens the season with the CSCAA National Collegiate Open Water Swimming Championships on Saturday, Sept. 16. Open water swimming is similar to cross country in which teams of three will compete in the five-kilometer race with the cumulative finishes providing a team score. This is the second time a collegiate open water championship has been held.
• Last season the Billiken Men's "A" team finished third overall, led by Tyler Guist, who finished fifth overall at 1:04:16.62.
• The women's team finished fifth overall, led by Mina Glenesk, who turned in a time of 1:09:14.54
• This season, the men will enter two teams, with Guist headlining the men's entrants.
• The women's team also will enter two teams, with Glenesk leading the way.
MEN'S ENTRIES: Nick Belecanech, Kevin Daniels, Tyler
WOMEN'S ENTRIES: Addie Brown, Mina Glenesk, Lily Iler, Elaine Mahon, Lindsey Turner, Olivia Wanasek