BILLIKEN VOLLEYBALL: vs. Dayton
Dayton leads all-time series 28-16
- Dayton won
- Last SLU win on 9/29/13
A LOOK AT THE BILLIKENS
• The Billikens enter the weekend 3-10 after picking up a second-place finish at the
Billiken Invitational last week. Freshman Maya Taylor and junior Monica Loftus were named to the All-Tournament team for helping SLU to a 2-1 mark in the tournament.
• Freshman Maya Taylor was named the Atlantic 10 Conference
• The last time the Billikens and Flyers met was in the 2016 Atlantic 10 Championship title match. The two teams battled in a five-set showdown at Chaifetz Pavilion with Dayton winning 21-25, 25-20, 23-25, 25-20, 15-9.
• Maya Taylor is posting 3.14 kills per set with a .276 attack percentage.
• Lauren Leverenz is the Billikens’ most efficient hitter with a .300 attack percentage.
• Head coach Kent Miller won his 100th match as a Billiken last week. He is the third SLU skipper to achieve 100 wins, joining Anne Kordes and Marilyn Nolen.
• Sophomore Sien Gallop is excelling at the service line this season with 30 aces, third in the NCAA. She leads the country with .70 aces per set.
• Mackenzie Long is fifth all-time at Saint Louis with 1,216 career digs. She is one of 18 Billikens to surpass 1,000 career digs. SLU’s record for career digs is 1,685 set by
Whitney Behrens from 2006-09.
• Nenye Okoro has a chance to eclipse 1,000 career kills and 1,000 career digs this season (currently 795 career kills and 835 career digs). If she does, she will be the 15th Billiken to amass 1,000 kills, the 19th with 1,000 career digs and the seventh to reach both milestones.
• Junior setter Camila Rivas leads SLU with 279 assists (7.54 per set). Recently, the Billikens have moved to a two-setter offense with freshman Kennedy Cordia also setting. She has 197 assists (5.18 per set).
• Freshman Maya Taylor was the 2015 Gatorade Player of the Year in Idaho. She also is a four-time All-State performer and a 2016 Prep Volleyball All-American.
• Freshman setter Kennedy Cordia comes to Saint Louis from Francis Howell in St. Louis, the same high school as Billiken great Danielle Rygelski. Cordia is a 2016 Prep Volleyball All-American and was nominated for the Andi Collins Award for the nation’s best high school setter.
• The Billikens earned an AVCA Team Academic
A LOOK AT DAYTON
• The Flyers are the defending Atlantic 10 Champions and enter St. Louis with an 8-6 overall record.
• Dayton is 49th in the NCAA with 651 kills this season.
• Dayton is led by Lauren Bruns, who has 180 kills (3.75 per set).
• Jane Emmenecker is the reigning Atlantic 10 Setter of the Year and posts 10.21 assists per set. She is fourth among all active NCAA setters with 4,247 career assists.
• Libero Margo Wolf leads the Flyers with 4.58 digs per set.