Saint Louis 5, St. Bonaventure 0
Thursday, September 21, 2017 | 7 p.m.
Robert R. Hermann Stadium | St. Louis, Missouri
• Saint Louis tied a Hermann Stadium record with four first-half goals and went on to defeat St. Bonaventure 5-0 Thursday night in the Atlantic 10 Conference opener for both teams.
• The Billikens, who began the week as one of only six undefeated teams in NCAA Division I women’s soccer, improved to 9-0-1 and extended their home unbeaten streak to 15 games.
• St. Bonaventure fell to 0-9-1.
Emma Farley (Olivia Petit), 7:28, SLU 1-0; Maddie Pokorny (unassisted), 12:36, SLU 2-0; Evie Lavelle (Brionna Halverson), 17:01, SLU 3-0; Alli Klug (Lauren Tondl), 44:11, SLU 4-0; Annabelle Copeland (Maddie Pokorny), 47:34, SLU 5-0.
• The Billikens are No. 24 in this week’s NCAA Division I Ratings Percentage Index (RPI). SLU is rated fifth highest among teams that play in non-Power 5 conferences.
• SLU’s five goals are a season high and are the most for the Billikens since a 5-0 win over Fort Wayne on Sept. 6, 2015.
• The shutout was SLU’s seventh this season. Mary Niehaus (two saves) and Olivia Silverman (one save) combined for the clean sheet.
• Saint Louis improved to 7-3-3 in all A-10 openers and 10-2-1 in A-10 home openers. The Bills improved to 8-3 all-time vs. St. Bonaventure, including 5-1 at Hermann Stadium.
• The Emma Farley-Olivia Petit, Alli Klug-Lauren Tondl and Annabelle Copeland-Maddie Pokorny collaborations gave the Billikens 19 different player combinations on 22 assisted goals this season. Also, Klug and Tondl broke into the scoring column for the first time this year, giving Saint Louis 14 players with at least one goal or one assist.
• Maddie Pokorny’s goal was her team-leading sixth of the season. Pokorny took over the team lead in points (14).
• Alli Klug’s goal was the first of her Billiken career.
• Evie Lavelle and Annabelle Copeland each scored for a third time this season, while Emma Farley’s goal was her second of the year.
• The Billikens earned decisive advantages in total shots (25-7), shots on goal (12-3) and corner kicks (12-1). The 25 total shots are a season high.
• Thirteen different Billikens recorded at least one shot, while eight fired at least one shot on goal. Annabelle Copeland led the way with career highs of seven shots and four shots on frame.
SAINT LOUIS STARTERS
Mary Niehaus (G), Alli Klug (D), Molly Ream (D), Brionna Halverson (D), Isabella Palazzolo (D), Maddie Pokorny (M), Courtney Reimer (M), Alyssa Seitzer (M), Evie Lavelle (M), Olivia Petit (M), Emma Farley (F).
SAINT LOUIS SUBSTITUTES
Jess Kopec, Lauren Tondl, Megan Nixon, Sydney Walker, Carli Bond, Elli Brunts, Olivia Silverman, Annabelle Copeland, Karley Kucera, Haley Cox, Julia Peterson.
Saint Louis plays its first A-10 road game of the season Sunday, Sept. 24, against Duquesne in Pittsburgh. First whistle is scheduled for noon (CT).