VOLLEYBALL PREVIEW: Saint Louis (7-11, 4-1 Atlantic 10) at Dayton (14-6, 5-0)
WHEN: Friday, Oct. 13, 2017 • 6 p.m. CDT
WHERE: Dayton, Ohio (Frericks Center)
LIVE VIDEO:A-10 Digital Network (unavailable on mobile devices; Adobe Flash settings for your browser must be enabled and updated, and updated specifically for atlantic10.com. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you encounter difficulty.)
A LOOK AT THE BILLIKENS
• In its only match this week, Saint Louis travels to Dayton, Ohio, to face Atlantic 10 Conference co-leader Dayton Friday night.
• The Billikens and Flyers met at Chaifetz Pavilion Sept. 22. Dayton claimed a 26-24, 25-18, 25-15 victory to increase its series lead over SLU to 29-16.
• Saint Louis has won four straight and six of its last seven matches. At 4-1 in league play, the Bills have ascended to third place, trailing only 5-0 VCU and Dayton.
• The Billikens rank second in the A-10 in kills (12.65/set) and are third in the league in service aces (1.63/set).
• Sien Gallop continues to lead the nation with 0.68 service aces per set. Saint Louis is 22nd in the national team rankings for aces.
• Lauren Leverenz has moved up to fifth in the A-10 in attack percentage (.335).
• Maya Taylor (3.39/set) and Nenye Okoro (3.08/set) rank fifth and 10th in the league, respectively, in kills.
• Mackenzie Long’s 3.54 digs-per-set average is good for ninth in the conference.
• Lauren Leverenz and Lauren Mershon are battling for the team lead in blocks. Leverenz enters the weekend with a 53-49 edge.
• Mackenzie Long is fifth all-time at Saint Louis with 1,296 career digs. Long needs 29 digs to pass Jessica Sippy (1995-98) for fourth place.
• Lauren Leverenz earned a nod as A-10 co-Player of the Week Oct. 9. Leverenz led the Billikens with a combined .533 hitting percentage (36-4-60) and nine blocks in wins at Rhode Island and Fordham.
• Maya Taylor was named the Sept. 18 A-10 Rookie of the Week. Taylor tallied 61 kills (3.81/set) and hit .299 in four matches.
• Kent Miller collected his 100th victory as the Billikens’ head coach when SLU defeated Western Illinois Sept. 12. Miller is the third SLU skipper to achieve 100 wins, joining Marilyn Nolen and Anne Kordes.
A LOOK AT DAYTON
• Dayton’s nonconference win at Xavier Tuesday night extended the Flyers’ winning streak to six.
• The Flyers lead the A-10 in attack percentage (.234), kills (13.45/set), digs (15.02/set) and assists (12.28/set). Dayton is third in the league in opponents’ attack percentage (.186) and blocks (2.25/set).
• Amber Erhahon leads the conference and ranks 13th in the nation in attack percentage (.422). Erhahon also is fourth in the A-10 in blocks (1.18/set).
• Lauren Bruns is the A-10 leader in kills (3.60/set), while Margo Wolf paces the league in digs (4.78/set).
• Also ranking among the top five in the conference are Jane Emmenecker, second in assists (9.98/set), and Kendyll Brown, fourth in attack percentage (.340).