• Jackie Kemph scored a game-high 21 points and added a game-high seven assists, but Loyola Marymount’s Gabby Green hit a shot at the buzzer to give the Lions a 62-60 victory Monday night at Chaifetz Arena.
• LMU improved to 2-0, while SLU fell to 1-1.
• Maddison Gits recorded a second consecutive double-double with 12 points and a team-high 11 rebounds (career- and team-high six offensive).
• Six different players scored in a game-opening 12-0 run for Saint Louis.
• Loyola Marymount answered with a 13-1 spurt, and the game was knotted at 13 after one.
• The Billikens regained a two-point lead twice on buckets by Gits and Kemph, but a 14-2 flurry gave the Lions a 29-19 cushion with 3:29 left.
• SLU tallied eight of the last 10 points of the period and went to the locker room trailing 31-27.
• Saint Louis narrowed the gap to a single point, but the Billikens missed on a chance to grab the lead.
• A free throw by Green and an Andee Velasco triple in the final six seconds put LMU on top 46-40.
• LMU expanded the lead to 10 points twice before SLU began a comeback.
• Kemph drove twice for baskets and added a free throw to complete the first half of a 10-0 run. Gits’ three-point play made it a two-point game, and Jordyn Frantz took a feed from Kemph for a layup that tied it at 54.
• After Velasco and Aaliyah Covington traded field goals, Bree Alford knocked down a trey for a 59-56 LMU lead.
• Kemph sank two from the stripe with 55 seconds remaining. When Velasco made one of two with four seconds left, the Lions led 60-58.
• Kemph was fouled on a drive and buried two free throws with .4 second remaining.
• LMU advanced the ball to the front court following a timeout, and Cierra Belvin threw a lob that Green caught and released for the game-winner.
• Saint Louis committed just 11 turnovers while forcing 22 Loyola Marymount miscues.
• The Bills earned a 34-20 advantage in points in the paint and a 16-7 edge in second-chance points.
• Covington scored 10 points.
• Frantz led all players with a career-high four steals.
• Jenny Vliet collected seven rebounds.
LOYOLA MARYMOUNT LEADERS
Andee Velasco, 16 points, six assists; Bree Alford, 14 points, 14 rebounds; Gabby Green, 14 points, seven rebounds, six assists, three steals; Makenzie Cast, nine points.
The Billikens play Mississippi Friday, Nov. 17, in the opening game of DePaul’s Maggie Dixon Classic in Chicago. Game time is 4 p.m.