#17 Missouri 70, Saint Louis 58
Friday, December 8, 2017 | 7 p.m.
Mizzou Arena | Columbia, Missouri
• Jackie Kemph registered 18 points and a game-high seven assists for Saint Louis in the Billikens’ 70-58 loss to 17th-ranked Missouri Friday night at Mizzou Arena.
• Maddison Gits (6-of-7 FG) scored 14 points and Tara Dusharm (5-of-9 FG) tallied a career-high 12 for the Bills (4-7).
• Missouri improved to 8-1 with its eighth straight victory.
• Neither team generated much offense in the opening period. Saint Louis led 8-5 midway through, but a 9-0 run gave Missouri at 14-8 lead at the buzzer.
• Kerri McMahan’s bucket on SLU’s first possession was answered right away by Missouri’s Cierra Porter, but that was the last field goal the Tigers would score for almost eight minutes.
• The Billikens took a one-point edge twice before Dusharm’s three-point play put them on top 22-18 with 1:47 left.
• Missouri scored on its final two possessions, and the teams went to the locker room knotted at 22.
• It was 25-25 three minutes into the quarter when Saint Louis began to pull away. Kemph and Aaliyah Covington scored seven points apiece in a 14-6 flurry that gave the Billikens their largest lead, 39-31, at the 3:49 mark.
• Missouri responded with an 8-2 run to narrow the SLU advantage to 41-39 after three.
• After Missouri scored on its first two possessions to go in front, Gits drilled a long 2-pointer and a trey on consecutive tries to put Saint Louis back on top, 46-43.
• The Tigers scored the next five points to regain the upper hand, but a basket by Kemph tied it at 48 with 5:32 remaining.
• Missouri scored on its next two possessions for a 52-48 lead. Dusharm found the mark to cut the margin in half, but that was as close as the Billikens would get as the Tigers stretched the lead to nine and maintained control at the foul line.
• Saint Louis committed a season-low eight turnovers.
• Kemph had just one turnover while playing all 40 minutes.
• Jenny Vliet grabbed a team-high seven rebounds, followed by Dusharm with six.
Cierra Porter, 23 points, 18 rebounds; Sophie Cunningham, 15 points, 10 rebounds, four assists; Amber Smith, 13 points; Jordan Frericks, nine points, five rebounds.
The Billikens host Lipscomb Sunday, Dec. 17, at 2 p.m.