Fordham 66, Saint Louis 63
Saturday, January 6, 2018 | 1 p.m. (ET)
Rose Hill Gym | Bronx, New York
• Paige Rakers scored a career-high 22 points and Maddison Gits added 16, but Fordham edged Saint Louis 66-63 Saturday afternoon at Rose Hill Gym.
• Rakers sank a career-high eight total field goals (8-of-11) and equaled her career high of four 3-pointers (4-of-5). She also collected six rebounds.
• Gits played all 40 minutes and narrowly missed a double-double, grabbing a team-high nine rebounds.
• The Billikens (8-8, 2-1 Atlantic 10) saw their winning streak snapped at four. Fordham (12-4, 3-0) captured its fifth consecutive victory.
• An 11-4 run gave the Billikens a 63-60 lead with 3:24 to play, but the Rams scored the final six points.
• Fordham scored on its first three possessions for a 7-0 lead.
• A 14-6 Saint Louis run, ignited by two Jordyn Frantz 3-pointers, put the Billikens in front 14-13.
• The lead changed hands three more times before the quarter ended with Fordham leading 19-18.
• SLU took the first-half lead for good, 23-21, on a Rakers three-point play at the 8:08 mark.
• Rakers’ 3-pointer with 4:20 remaining gave the Billikens their largest advantage, 32-25.
• Fordham chipped away and closed the gap to a point, 37-36, at halftime.
• After Fordham scored just nine seconds into the period, Saint Louis went on an 8-0 spurt for a 45-38 lead with 7:59 left.
• Fordham responded by outscoring the Billikens 14-5 the rest of the quarter to carry a 52-50 edge into the final 10 minutes.
• The Rams doubled their lead to 56-52, but the Billikens nudged back ahead on a Jackie Kemph triple and a Rakers layup.
• A Fordham basket was answered by two Frantz buckets, and it was 61-58 Saint Louis with 4:36 left.
• The Billikens forced a turnover but did not capitalize, and the Rams scored to whittle the SLU lead to a point.
• Gits scored inside to restore a three-point margin, but those were the Bills’ final points of the game.
• Saint Louis shot 50 percent (9-of-18) from 3-point range. In the last five games, the Billikens have shot 41 percent from beyond the arc.
• Jackie Kemph had a game-high seven assists and just one turnover while playing all 40 minutes. Kemph scored nine points.
• Jordyn Frantz (4-of-5 FG, 2-of-2 3-pointers) netted 10 points and registered a season-high six assists with no turnovers in 39 minutes.
G’mrice Davis, 31 points, 15 rebounds, four assists; Bre Cavanaugh, 20 points; Lauren Holden, six assists.
The Billikens are in Dayton, Ohio, to take on the Dayton Flyers Sunday, Jan. 14, at 1 p.m. (CT). The game will be televised on ESPNU.