Saint Louis vs. George Mason
Saturday, Jan. 13, 2018 | 1:30 p.m. (CT) | Fairfax, Va. (EagleBank Arena)
TV: NBCSN (Rich Gannon, David Kaplan) (channel finder)
Radio: 101 ESPN (Bob Ramsey, Earl Austin Jr.)
Online Coverage: NBCSN stream | Live Stats | @SaintLouisMBB on Twitter
++ SLU Game Notes ++
SETTING THE SCENE
– Saint Louis travels to George Mason to face the Patriots on Saturday afternoon. Game time in Fairfax, Virginia, is 1:30 p.m. (CT).
– Saturday’s game will be televised on NBCSN. Terry Gannon and David Kaplan are on the call.
– The radio broadcast will air on 101 ESPN (101.1 FM and 101Sports.com). As always, Billiken Hall of Famer Bob Ramsey provides the play-by-play, while St. Louis American Sports Editor Earl Austin Jr. handles the analysis.
– The Billikens own a 6-3 series advantage over George Mason. SLU won both games against George Mason last year, winning at EagleBank Arena for its lone road win of the season and winning at Chaifetz Arena later in the year in double overtime.
– Saint Louis enters Saturday’s game against George Mason with an 8-9 overall record and a 1-3 mark in the A-10.
– The Billikens are coming off a hard-fought 72-65 loss to first-place Rhode Island on Tuesday night. Davell Roby led the way for Saint Louis with 19 points. The Billikens were within a possession of the lead with a minute left before the Rams pulled away late with free throws.
– Junior guard Javon Bess continues to lead the team in scoring, averaging 12.7 ppg. Through games of Jan. 10, he led the league and ranked in the top 30 nationally in free throws made (27th, 93 FTM) and attempted (19th, 123 FTA).
– Freshman guard Jordan Goodwin is one of 15 players nationally and the only freshman to lead his team in rebounding avg. (6.8 rpg), assists (58) and steals (37).
– Freshman forward Hasahn French is second in the A-10 with 30 blocks. He is eighth in school history for most blocks in a season by a freshman.
– Senior guard Davell Roby is getting closer to becoming the 31st Billiken to score 1,000 points in a career. He sits at 968 career points, 32 away from the milestone.
– Junior forward D.J. Foreman leads all A-10 players in FG percentage in A-10 games (.737, 14-of-19). He is second on the Billikens in scoring in league play, averaging 10.0 ppg.
– As a team, Saint Louis is second in the Atlantic 10 Conference in scoring defense, allowing 65.8 ppg. Opponents shoot 42.9 percent from the field against SLU, the fourth lowest percentage in the A-10.
– Up next, SLU hosts Duquesne at Chaifetz Arena on Wednesday, Jan. 17. Game time is 7 p.m.
– George Mason enters Saturday's game 8-9 overall and 2-2 in league play.
– The Patriot are coming off a thrilling 81-79 win that saw Otis Livingston II hit a deep 3 at the buzzer for the win. Livingston II finished with a game-high 25 points against the Hawks.
– Livingston II leads George Mason in scoring with 16.3 ppg. Jaire Grayer follows with 13.7 ppg, while Goanar Mar contributes 11.0 ppg.
– Last year, George Mason went 20-14 overall and 9-9 in the A-10. The Patriots played in the postseason College Basketball Invitational (CBI).
– Head coach Dave Paulsen is in his third year at George Mason.