Saint Louis vs. La Salle
Saturday, Feb. 10, 2018 | 7 p.m. (CT) | St. Louis, Mo. (Chaifetz Arena)
TV: FOX Sports Midwest (Dan McLaughlin, Scott Highmark)
Radio: 101 ESPN (Bob Ramsey, Earl Austin Jr.)
Online Coverage: A-10 Digital Network stream (info) | FOX Sports Go App stream (info) | Live Stats | @SaintLouisMBB on Twitter
SETTING THE SCENE
– Saint Louis plays La Salle for a second time this season on Saturday. The Billikens host the Explorers at Chaifetz Arena in a 7 p.m. tipoff.
– Saturday’s game will be televised on FOX Sports Midwest, with Dan McLaughlin and Scott Highmark calling the action.
– The radio broadcast will air on 101 ESPN (101.1 FM and 101Sports.com). As always, Billiken Hall of Famer Bob Ramsey provides the play-by-play, while St. Louis American Sports Editor Earl Austin Jr. handles the analysis.
– Saturday is Alumni Day, where all men’s basketball alumni in attendance will be introduced to the crowd at halftime.
– Saint Louis enters Saturday’s game with a 13-12 overall record and a 6-6 mark in Atlantic 10 Conference play.
– The Billikens started the A-10 season 1-4, but have gone 5-2 since. Saint Louis is tied for sixth (with Duquesne) in the A-10 standings.
– The Billikens are over .500 this late in the season for the first time since the 2013-14 season. The Billikens’ 13 wins so far are the most since the 2013-14 team won 27 times.
– Junior guard Javon Bess continues to lead the team in scoring, averaging 13.2 ppg. Bess leads the A-10 in free throws made (128) and attempted (168).
– Jordan Goodwin has five double-doubles on the year, including the first triple-double in school history Jan. 17 against Duquesne. He is the only freshman in school history to record 100+ assists and 50+ steals in a season.
– Freshman forward Hasahn French is second in the A-10 with 45 blocks. He is seven blocks away from the freshman single-season school record.
– Junior forward D.J. Foreman is third in the Atlantic 10 Conference in FG percentage (.629, 73-116).
– Sophomore forward Jalen Johnson is averaging 12.5 ppg over the last four games. He is 10-of-21 (.476) from 3-point range over that stretch.
– Senior guard Davell Roby became the 31st Billiken to reach 1,000 career points when he converted a layup in the second half against Duquesne. Roby is SLU’s active leading scorer with 1,058 career points.
– The Billikens lead the A-10 in scoring defense, yielding 65.7 ppg. They are the A-10 leaders in rebounding margin (+4.7).
– La Salle University (Philadelphia, Pa.) enters Saturday's game 10-14 overall and 4-7 in league play.
– This is the second game this season between the Billikens and Explorers. La Salle upended SLU 83-60 at Gola Arena in Philadelphia in the league opener on Dec. 30.
– Senior forward B.J. Johnson is the top scorer in the A-10, averaging 21.0 ppg. He also brings down 8.1 rpg, fourth in the league. Johnson did not play in the game against SLU earlier this season due to an ankle injury.
– Junior guard Pookie Powell, who scored 28 points against SLU earlier this season, is seventh in the league in scoring with 17.7 ppg. He has drained 44 3-pointers and has dished out a team-best 93 assists.
– Head coach Dr. John Giannini is in his 14th season at La Salle and his 29th as a collegiate head coach. He registered his 500th career victory on Jan. 17 in a home win against Fordham.
The Billikens lead the all-time series 13-9 ... Saint Louis has won the last three matchups played at Chaifetz Arena.