Game 1 – Saint Louis 5, Chattanooga 2
Game 2 – Southern Miss 15, Saint Louis 8
Ole Miss Classic
Friday, March 2, 2018
• Christy Connoyer recorded her 200th victory as Saint Louis’ head coach Friday as the Billikens defeated Chattanooga 5-2 in the opening game of the Ole Miss Classic.
• SLU dropped a 15-8 decision to Southern Miss in its second game of the day.
• The Billikens are 4-7 on the season.
GAME 1 – HOW IT HAPPENED
• The Billikens took a 1-0 lead in the bottom of the first. Two walks and a single loaded the bases, and Alyssa Chavez drew a bases-loaded walk.
• Saint Louis tallied four unearned runs in the fourth. Following two force plays at home, Sadie Wise drew a walk to make it 2-0. Allie Macfarlane delivered a bases-clearing triple for a 5-0 SLU advantage.
• Chattanooga scored its two runs in the sixth, but Maddie Baalman pitched out of a bases-loaded jam to keep the score 5-2.
• Kaylea Chappelle relieved Baalman and set the Mocs down 1-2-3 in the seventh to pick up a save.
GAME 1 BILLIKEN NOTABLES
• Baalman (2-3) allowed just three hits and struck out eight, one shy of her career high.
• Macfarlane added a single to her triple.
• Lauren Lomax, Alyssa Tarquinio and Kaylyn Breitbach notched a single apiece.
• Wise drew three walks.
GAME 2 – HOW IT HAPPENED
• Southern Miss struck for six runs in the top of the first.
• SLU answered with two runs in the bottom half on two-out RBI singles by Macfarlane and Chavez.
• The Golden Eagles plated two in the fifth for an 8-2 lead.
• The Billikens pulled even by scoring six runs in the sixth. Chappelle started things with an RBI double, Kat Lane delivered a two-run single, and Wise hit her second home run of the season, a three-run blast.
• However, Southern Miss produced seven tallies in the top of the seventh.
GAME 2 BILLIKEN NOTABLES
• Lomax was 3-for-5 including a double.
• Wise had two hits, adding a double to her home run.
• Tarquinio collected a single.
The Billikens play one game in the Ole Miss Classic on Saturday, facing the host Rebels at 3 p.m.