Saint Joseph’s 58, Saint Louis 49
A-10 Championship Semifinals
Saturday, March 3, 2018 | 12:30 p.m. (CST)
Richmond Coliseum | Richmond, Va.
• Saint Louis got a game-high 17 points from Jackie Kemph and 14 points from Paige Rakers, but the Billikens fell to Saint Joseph’s 58-49 Saturday afternoon in an Atlantic 10 Conference Championship semifinal game at Richmond Coliseum.
• The Billikens concluded the tournament with a 17-15 record. Saint Joseph’s, which advances to Sunday’s tournament championship game vs. George Washington, is 18-13.
• Saint Joseph’s took the lead for good, 5-2, on an Alyssa Monaghan 3-pointer with 9:23 remaining.
• The Hawks led by 10 points on two occasions and were on top 16-8 after one period.
• Amanda Fioravanti’s jumper on Saint Joseph’s first possession restored the Hawks’ 10-point lead.
• Rakers buried two consecutive 3-pointers and Maddison Gits hit a baseline jumper to narrow the deficit to two, 18-16, with 7:55 left.
• The Hawks limited the Billikens to two points the rest of the way and took a 24-18 edge to the locker room.
• Saint Joseph’s maintained a lead between five and nine points until Kemph’s layup cut it to 33-30 at the 3:47 mark.
• An 8-0 run featuring two 3-pointers by Kristalyn Baisden put the Hawks in front 41-30.
• Kerri McMahan sank two free throws and Kemph turned a Rakers steal into a layup to make it a 41-34 game at the buzzer.
• Saint Joseph’s stretched the lead to 11 again and kept SLU off the scoreboard until Rakers’ three-point play with 6:19 left made it 45-37.
• It was 45-39 following Kemph’s layup with 5:00 to play.
• The Hawks were up 49-39 at the 2:55 mark, but Kemph’s triple and another Rakers three-point play made it a six-point game again, 51-45, with 56 seconds remaining.
• However, Saint Joseph’s connected on 7-of-8 from the free throw line down the stretch to seal the victory.
• Saint Louis was 8-of-8 from the foul line, the eighth time in the last 10 games the Billikens have shot 80 percent or higher from the stripe.
• Jenny Vliet had a team-high eight rebounds, while Maddison Gits pulled down six boards.
• Tara Dusharm contributed six points and four rebounds in 10 minutes off the bench.
SAINT JOSEPH’S LEADERS
Chelsea Woods, 15 points, 10 rebounds; Alyssa Monaghan, 13 points, five assists, three steals; Amanda Fioravanti, nine points, six rebounds.