Green Bay 3, Saint Louis 0 (25-17, 25-22, 25-20)
Indiana State 3, Saint Louis 2 (25-19, 20-25, 21-25, 25-19, 15-9)
Saturday, Sept. 8 | Terre Haute, Ind. (ISU Arena)
• Saint Louis fell to Green Bay and host team Indiana State Saturday on the final day of the Sycamore Invitational.
• Isabelle Walsh was named to the All-Tournament team. In three matches, Walsh led the Billikens with a .333 attack percentage (31-8-69) and added eight digs and six blocks.
Green Bay Match
Saint Louis scored the first two points, but Green Bay put together an 8-1 run and remained in command the rest of the way.
Although Green Bay led throughout, SLU made it a contest after falling behind 9-3. A 5-0 spurt trimmed the Green Bay lead to 21-20, and twice the Billikens answered a Phoenix point with one of their own to trail by just one. However, Green Bay tallied the last two points to take a 2-0 match lead.
SLU grabbed a 7-3 advantage, only to see Green Bay chip away and earn a 12-12 deadlock. The set was knotted at 14, 15 and 17 before the Phoenix caught fire with an 8-3 run down the stretch.
• Maya Taylor posted a match-high 17 kills.
• Cayce Chaykowsky led all players with 14 digs.
• Lauren Mershon collected eight kills.
• Kennedy Cordia tallied 36 assists and eight digs.
• Emily Imo equaled her career high of seven digs.
Indiana State Match
SLU and Indiana State traded big runs. The Billikens used a 10-2 spurt to go on top 16-12, but the Sycamores responded with a 13-3 flurry to close the set.
Following a strong Saint Louis start that resulted in a 9-4 Billiken lead, Indiana State eventually pulled even at 14. The score was knotted at 15 and 16 before SLU scored nine of the last 13 points to level the match.
The Billikens led by as many as four points on three occasions, the final time an 18-14 edge. The Sycamores tied it at 21 with a 7-3 run, only to see SLU regroup and rattle off four straight points to win the set and take a 2-1 match lead.
Neither team led by more than three points until ISU tallied four straight to go in front 20-14. Saint Louis drew no closer than five points the rest of the frame.
After the Sycamores scored the first six points, the Billikens notched four of the next five to get back in it at 7-4. However, ISU regained command with a 3-0 spurt and maintained an edge of at least four points down the stretch.
• Walsh registered a career-high 15 kills and turned in a .324 attack percentage (15-4-34). She also had career bests of five digs and four blocks.
• Taylor’s 21 kills were a match high and a Saint Louis season high.
• Cordia had a double-double of 50 assists (SLU season high) and 10 digs.
• Sien Gallop just missed a double-double with 10 kills and nine digs.
• Mershon had season highs in kills (10) and attack percentage (.381/10-2-21) and tied her season best of four blocks.
• Juliana Phillips posted a season-high seven kills and equaled her season high of three blocks.
• Chaykowsky recorded 14 digs.
• Imo matched her career high of seven digs.
Saint Louis plays its final regular-season tournament, the Billiken Invitational, Friday and Saturday, Sept. 14-15. The Billikens will take on Kansas City, Murray State and UNLV at Chaifetz Pavilion.