Saint Louis 1, Fordham 0
Thursday, Oct. 11, 2018 | 7 p.m. CDT
Robert R. Hermann Stadium | St. Louis, Mo.
• Hannah Friedrich scored her eighth goal of the season in the 88th minute, and Atlantic 10 Conference leader Saint Louis edged second-place Fordham 1-0 Thursday night at Robert R. Hermann Stadium.
• Friedrich took a through ball from Olivia Petit and buried a shot in the net to give the Billikens their fourth 1-0 victory of the season, three of which have come against A-10 opponents. The assist was Petit’s third of the year.
• Saint Louis improved to 12-3-1 overall and 8-0-1 at Hermann Stadium with its eighth consecutive win. With three regular-season games remaining, the Billikens are 7-0 in conference play and in sole possession of first place.
• Fordham, which saw its unbeaten streak halted at eight, slipped to 8-6-1, 5-1-1.
Hannah Friedrich (Olivia Petit), 87:28, SLU 1-0.
• The Billikens are No. 4 in the United Soccer Coaches East Region rankings.
• The Billikens are 7-0 in conference play for the first time since 2005, Saint Louis’ first year as an A-10 member.
• Saint Louis is 24-1-4 in its last 29 games at Hermann Stadium, a stretch that dates to the final home game of the 2015 campaign.
• The Billikens improved to 5-0 all-time vs. Fordham at Hermann Stadium.
• SLU has outscored its opponents 33-10 overall and 21-4 in the second half this season.
• The shutout was the ninth of the season for the Billikens and the seventh solo clean sheet for Olivia Silverman, who made two saves.
• Hannah Friedrich has a team-high 23 points, adding a team-high seven assists to her eight goals.
• Saint Louis outshot Fordham 14-4, including 9-1 in the second half. The Billikens registered an 8-3 advantage in shots on goal and a 5-0 edge in corner kicks.
• Maddie Pokorny had game highs of six shots and four shots on goal. Friedrich fired four shots, two of which were on frame.
• Silverman, Pokorny, Alli Klug, Courtney Reimer, Isabella Palazzolo and Isabel Burke played all 90 minutes.
SAINT LOUIS STARTERS
Olivia Silverman, Alli Klug, Emma Farley, Isabella Palazzolo, Isabel Burke, Courtney Reimer, Hannah Friedrich, Evie Lavelle, Olivia Petit, Maddie Pokorny, Lindsay Sands.
SAINT LOUIS SUBSTITUTES
Kassie Newsom, Annabelle Copeland, Megan Crevoiserat, Haley Cox.
The Billikens play at St. Bonaventure Sunday, Oct. 14, at noon (CT).