Dayton 3, Saint Louis 0 (25-12, 25-16, 25-18)
Friday, Oct. 19 | Dayton, Ohio (Frericks Center)
• Saint Louis dropped a 3-0 (25-12, 25-16, 25-18) Atlantic 10 Conference decision to Dayton Friday night at UD’s Frericks Center.
• SLU fell to 4-17 overall and 3-6 in the A-10. Dayton improved to 17-6, 8-1.
Dayton used a 6-0 run to establish a 7-2 lead, but Saint Louis played the Flyers even over the next 14 points and was still in the set trailing 14-9. However, Dayton outscored the Billikens 11-3 down the stretch.
Although Saint Louis never led, the Billikens trailed just 10-8. However, a 9-2 spurt gave Dayton a 19-10 advantage, and SLU drew no closer than seven points the rest of the way.
Dayton turned an 8-6 lead into an 18-8 cushion with a 10-2 run. Saint Louis responded with a 10-4 flurry of its own to trim the gap to four, 22-18, before UD tallied the final three points.
• The Billikens totaled eight blocks, their season high for a three-set match.
• Cayce Chaykowski recorded a match-high 14 digs.
• Kennedy Cordia collected her ninth double-double of the season (seventh in A-10 matches) with 18 assists and 11 digs.
• Sara Daniels and Lauren Mershon posted four and three blocks, respectively.
• Giovanna Charles equaled a career high with three blocks.
The Billikens are at Davidson Friday, Oct. 26, at 6 p.m. (CT).