VCU 3, Saint Louis 1 (24-26, 25-19, 25-17, 25-13)
Sunday, Oct. 28 | Richmond, Virginia (Siegel Center)
• Lauren Mershon registered a career-high 11 kills and a match-high .476 attack percentage (11-1-21) in Saint Louis’ 3-1 (24-26, 25-19, 25-17, 25-13) Atlantic 10 Conference loss at VCU Sunday.
• Isabelle Walsh tallied a career-high six blocks, Cayce Chaykowsky posted a match-high 23 digs, and Maya Taylor notched a team-high 14 kills for the Billikens (5-18, 4-7 A-10).
• A-10 leader VCU improved to 16-7 overall and 11-0 in conference play.
Saint Louis jumped out to a 4-1 lead and had a three-point edge several more times. The set was deadlocked at 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 and 23 before VCU earned a set point at 24-23. However, the Billikens scored three straight points to take a 1-0 match lead.
VCU scored the first four points, but SLU eventually pulled even at 14-14. The set was tied at 15, 16 and 17 before the Rams put it away with an 8-2 run.
Although VCU led throughout, Saint Louis was within striking distance trailing 19-16. However, the Rams scored six of the final seven points for a 2-1 match lead.
VCU sped to an 11-3 advantage and remained in command the rest of the way.
• Saint Louis equaled its season high of nine blocks.
• Kennedy Cordia turned in her 11th double-double of the season (ninth in A-10 matches) with 36 assists and 15 digs (season high in a four-set match).
• Lauren Mershon added four blocks to her 11 kills.
• Sara Daniels hit .333 (8-2-18) and recorded five blocks.
The Billikens host Dayton Friday, Nov. 2, at 7 p.m.