Western Kentucky 10, Saint Louis 0 (5 innings)
Kennesaw State 10, Saint Louis 5
Bailey Memorial Tournament
Friday, March 8, 2019
Saint Louis softball lost twice at Kennesaw State’s Bailey Memorial Tournament Friday, falling 10-0 to Western Kentucky and 10-5 to Kennesaw State.
GAME 1 – HOW IT HAPPENED
Western Kentucky scored three runs in the first inning, two in the third and five in the fifth.
GAME 1 – BILLIKEN NOTABLES
Kaylyn Breitbach singled in the second inning.
GAME 2 – HOW IT HAPPENED
• Saint Louis grabbed a 1-0 lead in the top of the first as Maria Connell doubled with two outs and scored on a throwing error.
• Kennesaw State tied it in the bottom of the first.
• In the Billiken second, Lauren Lomax delivered a two-out RBI single.
• After Kennesaw State took a 3-2 lead with two runs in the bottom of the second, SLU pulled even in the third on Breitbach’s two-out RBI double.
• Kennesaw State went on top 6-3 with three tallies in its half of the third.
• The Bills narrowed their deficit to two in the fourth when Aubrey Hacke slapped a two-out RBI double.
• However, Kennesaw State struck for four runs in the bottom of the fourth for a 10-4 lead. Gabbie Kowalik’s RBI single in the seventh accounted for the final score.
GAME 2 BILLIKEN NOTABLES
• Kowalik had two hits.
• Sadie Wise and Megan LoBianco recorded a single apiece.
The Billikens continue play in the Bailey Memorial Tournament on Saturday, facing Wright State at 9 a.m. and Kennesaw State at 4:30 p.m. (times are Central).