Wright State 10, Saint Louis 9 (8 innings)
Kennesaw State 10, Saint Louis 4
Bailey Memorial Tournament
Saturday, March 9, 2019
• Sadie Wise had five hits and three RBIs Saturday as Saint Louis continued play at Kennesaw State’s Bailey Memorial Tournament.
• The Billikens fell 10-9 to Wright State and 10-4 to Kennesaw State.
GAME 1 – HOW IT HAPPENED
• Wright State built a 3-0 lead with single runs in the first, third and fourth innings.
• Saint Louis plated two runs in the top of the fifth. Mackenzie Lawson swatted an RBI triple, and Megan LoBianco produced a sacrifice fly.
• The Billikens tied it in the sixth with a run that scored on a two-out error.
• SLU exploded for six runs in the seventh, all scoring with two outs. Wise drove in the first two runs with a double, Maria Connell recorded an RBI double, Gabbie Kowalik had an RBI single, and Lawson concluded the outburst with a two-run single.
• Wright State answered with six runs in the bottom of the seventh and scored the winning run in the eighth.
GAME 1 – BILLIKEN NOTABLES
• Wise added a double and a single for a three-hit game.
• Connell and Kaylyn Breitbach had two hits apiece.
• LoBianco and Lauren Lomax each collected a single.
• Kallen Loveless registered nine strikeouts.
GAME 2 – HOW IT HAPPENED
• The Billikens capitalized on five walks and three wild pitches to score three first-inning runs without benefit of a hit.
• Kennesaw State took a 10-3 lead with two runs in the first, four in the second and four in the third.
• Wise smacked an RBI double in the sixth.
GAME 2 BILLIKEN NOTABLES
• Wise, Connell and LoBianco chalked up two hits apiece.
• Kristi Stevenson, Allie Herron and Aubrey Hacke turned in a single apiece.
• Hacke tossed 3 1/3 innings of scoreless relief, allowing just two hits and a walk.
The Billikens conclude play in the Bailey Memorial Tournament on Sunday with a single game vs. Kennesaw State at 11:30 a.m. (CDT).