Loyola Chicago 10, Saint Louis 4
Northern Illinois 8, Saint Louis 3 (Billiken Spring Tournament)
Thursday, March 14, 2019
Billiken Sports Center
Sadie Wise collected five hits and three RBIs, Allie Herron smacked three doubles and Kristi Stevenson belted her third home run of the season in Saint Louis’ games vs. Loyola Chicago and Northern Illinois Thursday afternoon at the Billiken Sports Center.
GAME 1 – HOW IT HAPPENED
• After Loyola Chicago grabbed a 2-0 lead in the top of the third inning, Saint Louis got on the board in the bottom half on Wise’s two-out RBI single.
• The Ramblers tallied three times in the fifth, but Wise answered again with a two-run double to make it 5-3.
• Loyola plated three runs in the sixth and two in the seventh for a 10-3 advantage.
• Gabbie Kowalik’s RBI double in the SLU seventh accounted for the Billikens’ final run.
GAME 1 – BILLIKEN NOTABLES
• Wise went 4-for-4.
• Kowalik added a single for a two-hit game.
• Herron doubled, while Stevenson and Kat Lane added a single apiece.
GAME 2 – HOW IT HAPPENED
• Northern Illinois jumped in front 3-0 with two runs in the first inning and another in the second.
• Herron’s second-inning RBI double cut the NIU lead to 3-1.
• The Huskies responded with a run in the third and tacked on two in the fourth and two in the sixth.
• Stevenson clouted a two-run homer in the Billiken seventh.
GAME 2 – BILLIKEN NOTABLES
• Herron doubled twice.
• Wise, Lane and Kaylyn Breitbach registered a single apiece.
• Chloe Wendling pitched a scoreless relief inning.
SLU plays twice Friday in the Billiken Spring Tournament. The Billikens take on Omaha at 1 p.m. and Northern Colorado at 5:30 p.m. (note changes from original schedule).