George Washington 12, Saint Louis 4 (5 innings)
Sunday, April 7, 2019
Gabbie Kowalik and Alyssa Chavez homered, and Kat Lane and Sadie Wise had two hits apiece, but Saint Louis fell 12-4 to George Washington Sunday afternoon in the finale of an Atlantic 10 Conference three-game series.
HOW IT HAPPENED
• George Washington was on top 7-0 after scoring single runs in the first and second innings and five in the third.
• Chavez hit her first home run of the season leading off the fourth.
• GW tallied five times in its half of the fourth.
• The Billikens plated three runs in the fifth. After Lane scored on a throwing error, Kowalik brought home two more runs with her third homer of the season.
• One of Wise’s two hits was a double, lifting her team-leading total to 11.
• Mackenzie Lawson had a single.
The Billikens host Kansas City in a nonconference single game Tuesday, April 9, at 4 p.m.