Saint Louis 10, Kansas City 3
Tuesday, April 9, 2019
Billiken Sports Center
• Saint Louis hit three home runs in a 7-run sixth inning en route to a 10-3 victory over Kansas City Tuesday afternoon at the Billiken Sports Center.
• Kallen Loveless collected her seventh win of the season in the circle, going the distance and allowing just two earned runs, three hits and one walk while striking out four.
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Saint Louis went on top with two unearned runs in the bottom of the third inning. The first run scored on an error, and Alyssa Chavez delivered an RBI single.
• Loveless had a no-hitter through one out in the fifth, but Kansas City took a 3-2 lead in the frame on a three-run home run.
• The Billikens answered in the bottom of the frame with Gabbie Kowalik’s RBI single, knotting the score at 3-3.
• In the sixth, SLU scored what proved to be the winning run when Mackenzie Lawson and Kaylyn Breitbach began the inning with consecutive doubles. Allie Herron made it 5-3 with an RBI single, and Sadie Wise broke open the game with a three-run home run, her third of the season. Maria Connell and Chavez provided insurance with solo home runs, the second of the year for both.
• Wise added a double and a single for a three-hit afternoon.
• Kowalik, Breitbach and Connell had two hits apiece.
• Aubrey Hacke doubled and Kat Lane singled.
The Billikens play a three-game Atlantic 10 Conference series at Fordham Saturday and Sunday, April 13-14.