BILLIKENS HOST SIUE IN LONE EXHIBITION GAME
WHEN: Tuesday, Aug. 13, 2019 • 7 p.m. CDT
WHERE: Robert R. Hermann Stadium • St. Louis, Missouri
SLU-SIUE SERIES: SLU leads 5-1-1
LAST MEETING: at SLU 4, SIUE 0 (Aug. 26, 2018) RECAP
UP NEXT FOR THE BILLIKENS: at Notre Dame • Thursday, Aug. 22 • 6 p.m. CDT FULL 2019 SCHEDULE
NOTE: There will be no video stream or live stats for the SLU-SIUE game.
A LOOK AT THE BILLIKENS
• Saint Louis plays its only exhibition game of 2019 when the Billikens host SIUE Tuesday, Aug. 13, for a 7 p.m. Central first whistle.
• Senior defender Alli Klug leads a group of seven returning starters. Klug garnered All-America (second team), first-team All-Region, first-team All-Conference and Atlantic 10 Conference Defensive Player of the Year plaudits for a second straight season in 2018.
• Senior midfielder Courtney Reimer joined Klug on the All-Conference first team, and sophomore midfielder/forward Hannah Friedrich (school-record 30 points) was selected to the A-10 second team. Reimer and Friedrich collected second-team All-Region honors. Sophomore defender Isabel Burke joined Friedrich on the A-10 All-Rookie team.
• Senior forward Alyssa Seitzer, senior midfielder Evie Lavelle and senior defender Emma Farley also return from last year’s first 11.
• In addition, the Billikens welcome back sixth-year senior goalkeeper Mary Niehaus and junior defender/midfielder Brionna Halverson, both of whom missed 2018 due to injury. Niehaus is a two-time All-Region and first-team All-Conference performer, while Halverson made the 2017 A-10 All-Rookie squad.
• Alli Klug was named to the MAC Hermann Trophy Watch List for a second consecutive year. Click here for more information.
• SLU is coming off a 2018 campaign that saw the Bills win A-10 regular-season and tournament titles and make the program’s third NCAA Championship appearance. The Billikens registered school records of 18 total wins (18-4-1) and 10 regular-season conference victories (10-0-0).
• Saint Louis’ 47 total victories over the past three seasons are the most in the A-10 and the most for the Billikens during any three-year stretch in program history. SLU’s 24 conference wins in that three-year period led the league and tied the program record.
• The Billikens are 26-1-4 in their last 31 games on the home pitch of Robert R. Hermann Stadium, a stretch that dates to the final home game of the 2015 campaign. They were 10-0-1 at home a year ago.
• Katie Shields will bring a 69-40-10 record into her seventh season as head coach when Saint Louis plays at Notre Dame in the season opener Thursday, Aug. 22, at 6 p.m. Central.
A LOOK AT THE COUGARS
• SIUE dropped a 3-0 exhibition decision at Illinois State Aug. 10.
• The 2019 Cougars were tabbed for a fourth-place finish in the Ohio Valley Conference after placing fifth last season. SIUE was 6-9-2 overall and 4-5-1 in the OVC a year ago.
• Among the Cougars’ returning players is junior midfielder Andrea Frerker, a second-team All-Conference selection and SIUE’s leading scorer in 2018.