EASTERN ILLINOIS at SAINT LOUIS
WHEN: Saturday, Aug. 17, 2019 • 2 p.m. CDT
WHERE: St. Louis, Mo. (Chaifetz Pavilion)
A LOOK AT THE BILLIKENS
• Saint Louis hosts Eastern Illinois in an exhibition match Saturday, Aug. 17. First serve at Chaifetz Pavilion is slated for 2 p.m.
• The Billikens return six starters and six additional players from last year’s team that finished sixth in the Atlantic 10 Conference with a 6-8 record. Three freshmen join two seniors, five juniors and five sophomores. Click here for the complete 2019 roster.
• Leading the returning group are senior outside hitter Sien Gallop, junior outside hitter Maya Taylor and junior setter Kennedy Cordia.
• Gallop is currently tied for fourth in SLU history with 0.49 aces per set.
• Taylor was named First-Team All-Conference in the A-10 in 2018. Her 3.81 kills per set rank seventh and her 4.08 points per set rank 12 all-time in Billikens history.
• Cordia led the team with 9.83 assists per set in 2018. Her 8.49 career assists per set rank seventh in SLU history.
• Click here for the complete 2018 statistics.
• Head coach Kent Miller is in his ninth season on the Saint Louis sideline.
• Following Saturday’s match, the Billikens host the annual Megan Boken Alumni Match Saturday, Aug. 24. Click here for more information.
• Saint Louis opens the regular season Friday, Aug. 30, in the Marcia E. Hamilton Classic. The Billikens play Middle Tennessee State, Southern Illinois and Portland State.
• Click here for the complete 2019 schedule.
A LOOK AT EASTERN ILLINOIS
• Eastern Illinois has five starters and six additional players back from its 2018 team that was 10-21 overall and 5-11 (ninth place) in the Ohio Valley Conference.
• Julie Allen is in her second season as head coach of the Panthers.
• Among the EIU returning players is junior Laurel Bailey, who led the team with 2.91 kills per set in 2018.