BILLIKENS MEET ORAL ROBERTS, OKLAHOMA STATE ON THE ROAD
WHEN: Friday, Sept. 6, 2019 • 7 p.m. CDT
WHERE: Case Soccer Complex • Tulsa, Oklahoma
RECORDS: SLU 2-2; ORU 1-3
SLU-ORU SERIES: SLU leads 1-0
LAST MEETING: at SLU 4, ORU 0 (Sept. 7, 2018) RECAP
BILLIKENS’ LAST GAME: at SLU 3, Drake 0 (Sept. 1) RECAP
GOLDEN EAGLES’ LAST GAME: at Oklahoma State 4, ORU 0 (Sept. 1) RECAP
GAME NOTES: Saint Louis
WHEN: Sunday, Sept. 8, 2019 • 1 p.m. CDT
WHERE: Neal Patterson Stadium • Stillwater, Oklahoma
RECORDS: SLU 2-2 (prior to 9/6 Oral Roberts game); OSU 2-0-1 (prior to 9/6 Central Arkansas game)
SLU-OSU SERIES: First meeting
COWGIRLS’ LAST GAME: at OSU 4, Oral Roberts 0 (Sept. 1) RECAP
GAME NOTES: Saint Louis
UP NEXT FOR THE BILLIKENS: Iowa State • Friday, Sept. 13 • 7 p.m. CDT • Robert R. Hermann Stadium
A LOOK AT THE BILLIKENS
• The Saint Louis Billikens embark on the first of two consecutive weekends with Friday-Sunday games when they take on Oral Roberts Friday, Sept. 6, at 7 p.m. in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Sunday, the Billikens are in Stillwater to battle Oklahoma State at 1 p.m.
• Against Oral Roberts, Saint Louis will be trying for consecutive wins for the first time this season after topping Drake 3-0 last Sunday at Robert R. Hermann Stadium. ORU has lost two straight, falling to Texas Tech and Oklahoma State by 4-0 scores.
• SLU leads the series with Oral Roberts 1-0 following a 4-0 triumph last season at Hermann Stadium.
• The Billikens will face Oklahoma State for the first time. The Cowgirls, who host Central Arkansas Friday night before welcoming Saint Louis, own shutout wins over Lamar and Oral Roberts and a draw against archrival Oklahoma.
• SLU spread the offensive wealth through its first four games. Five different players have scored the Bills' five goals.
• Evie Lavelle is tied for 20th in the nation with three assists, while Mary Niehaus is tied for 29th with a .900 save percentage.
• After winning Atlantic 10 Conference regular-season and tournament titles and posting a school-record 18 wins a year ago, the Billikens were selected to finish atop the league again in the A-10 head coaches' preseason poll. Seven starters and 10 additional players are back from SLU’s 2018 team.
• Senior defender Alli Klug appears on the MAC Hermann Trophy Watch List for a second straight season. Klug also is one of four Billikens on the A-10 preseason All-Conference team, joining senior goalkeeper Mary Niehaus, senior midfielder Courtney Reimer
• Saint Louis will host the semifinals and final of the 2019 Atlantic 10 Conference Championship Friday and Sunday, Nov. 8 and 10. Four first-round games will be played on the home fields of the top four teams in the final regular-season standings, with the winners advancing to SLU's Robert R. Hermann Stadium.
A LOOK AT THE GOLDEN EAGLES
• Seven starters and 19 additional players are back from the 2018 Oral Roberts team that was 8-12 overall and 3-5 (seventh) in the Summit League.
• Senior forward Jordan Langebartels returned after scoring a team-high 18 points (7G, 4A) a year ago.
• Junior forward Drishana Pillay leads the Golden Eagles with seven points (3G, 1A).
• Langebartels and sophomore forward Martha Helsee have two goals apiece.
A LOOK AT THE COWGIRLS
• Nine starters and six additional letter winners returned from Oklahoma State's 2018 team that finished 10-7-1 overall and 2-6-1 (ninth) in the Big 12 Conference.
• Among the returning players are junior midfielder/defender Kim Rodriguez, a 2018 second-team All-Conference and third-team All-Region honoree, and sophomore midfielder Grace Yochum, who made the Big 12 All-Freshman team.
• A pair of midfielders, senior Jaci Jones and freshman Olyvia Dowell, top the OSU scoring chart with three goals and two assists apiece.
• Junior forward Gabriella Coleman has two goals.