WHEN: Friday-Saturday, Sept. 13-14, 2019
WHERE: St. Louis, Mo. (Chaifetz Pavilion)
PARTICIPATING TEAMS: Saint Louis, Troy, Marshall, UT Martin
TOURNAMENT SCHEDULE (all times Central)
• Friday, Sept. 13 • UT Martin vs. Marshall • 3:30 p.m.
• Friday, Sept. 13 • Saint Louis vs. Troy • 6 p.m. LIVE STATS
• Saturday, Sept. 14 • Troy vs. UT Martin • 10 a.m.
• Saturday, Sept. 14 • Marshall vs. Troy • 5 p.m.
A LOOK AT THE BILLIKENS
• Saint Louis enters its third weekend of regular-season play this Friday and Saturday by hosting the Billiken Invitational.
• Following their sweep of the Marcia E. Hamilton Classic Aug. 30-31, the Billikens picked up another match victory over Eastern Washington in the Drake Invitational last Saturday, bringing their record to 4-2 on the season.
• Junior OH Maya Taylor was named to the All-Tournament team both weekends, earning Tournament MVP in the Marcia E. Hamilton Classic.
• Taylor has 107 kills (4.46 per set) in the team’s six matches.
• Junior S Kennedy Cordia leads the Billikens in assists (255, 10.62 per set) and service aces (15). Against Eastern Washington, Cordia became the eighth Billiken to record seven aces in one match.
• Cordia is seventh in school history with 8.74 assists per set and 12th with 1,826 total assists.
• Sophomore MB Sara Daniels leads the Billikens with 28 blocks on the season, 1.17 per set.
• Sophomore DS Cayce Chaykowsky has a team-leading 88 digs, with senior Sien Gallop close being with 76.
• Find Saint Louis’ overall season statistics here.
• Up next for the Bills is a home non-conference match against Southeast Missouri at 6 p.m. on Tuesday, Sept. 17.
• Click here for the complete 2019 schedule.
A LOOK AT THIS WEEKEND’S OPPONENTS
• Troy brings a 5-1 record to Chaifetz Pavilion, following its sweep of the Troy Invitational last weekend. The Trojans won 3-0 in each of the three matches against Chattanooga, Murray State and Jacksonville. Junior OH Cheyenne Hayes leads Troy with 99 kills (4.95 per set), while sophomore DS Lacey Jeffcoat has collected a team-high 67 digs (3.35 per set).
• Marshall is coming off a sweep in the Georgetown Invitational, with wins over Georgetown (3-2), Stony Brook (3-0) and Northern Kentucky (3-0). The Herd are 4-2 on the year, including a sweep of UT Martin to open their season in the Indiana Invitational. Marshall is led by junior pin Ciara Debell and her 92 kills (4.18 per set). She is also second on the team with 49 digs and has recorded 17 total blocks.
• UT Martin improved to 3-4 by posting a 2-1 record in the Tiger Brawl Tournament hosted by Memphis. Sophomore OH Jessica Reynolds leads the Skyhawks with 71 kills (2.63 per set), while also recording four service aces and 34 digs. Junior MB Justine Walker has a team-high 38 total blocks (1.41 per set).