Northern Iowa 3, Saint Louis 0 (25-23, 25-16, 25-22)
Friday, Sept. 20 | Milwaukee, Wis. (Al McGuire Center)
• Saint Louis falls to 6-5 on the season, following their 3-0 loss to Northern Iowa in day one of the Marquette Invitational.
• Junior S Kennedy Cordia recorded 12 assists in the match, bringing her career total to 1,966, ranking her No. 10 in Billikens history.
Saint Louis held a lead or was tied in the game all the way to a 19-19 score. The Panthers jumped out ahead at 20-19, and in a race to the the finish, UNI took the first set 25-23.
The Billikens held an early 9-7 lead, but the Panthers used a 6-0 run to go ahead 13-9. UNI extended the lead to 17-12 and again to 22-16, eventually taking the set 25-16.
Northern Iowa held a 7-6 lead, and they began to pull away from there. The Billikens fought back from a 20-12 deficit, bringing the score to 23-21 in favor of the Panthers, but UNI finished off the Bills 25-22.
• Senior OH Sien Gallop led the way in kills and digs for the Billikens, recording nine and 13, respectively.
• Junior Juliana Phillips hit for a .385 attack percentage, collecting seven kills and one solo block.
• Sophomore Sara Daniels had two service aces in the match, with Giovanna Charles adding another.
• Freshman Shea Fuller had seven assists and two kills in the match.
The Billikens will compete in two matches in day two of the Marquette Invitational. They’ll take on host Marquette, ranked No. 8 in the country, at 10 a.m. and Green Bay at 5 p.m.