BILLIKENS, BONNIES SQUARE OFF SUNDAY
WHEN: Sunday, Oct. 6, 2019 • 1 p.m. CDT
WHERE: Robert R. Hermann Stadium • St. Louis, Missouri
RECORDS: SLU 9-3-1, 4-0 A-10; SBU 4-7-1, 0-3-1 A-10
SLU-SBU SERIES: SLU leads 9-3
LAST MEETING: SLU 2, at St. Bonaventure 0 (10/14/18) RECAP
BILLIKENS’ LAST GAME: at SLU 1, Saint Joseph's 0 (OT) (Oct. 3) RECAP
BONNIES’ LAST GAME: Dayton 1, at SBU 0 (Oct. 3) RECAP
LIVE STATS: StatBroadcast
UP NEXT FOR THE BILLIKENS: La Salle • Sunday, Oct. 13 • 1 p.m. CDT • Hermann Stadium
A LOOK AT THE BILLIKENS
• Saint Louis reaches the midway point of the 10-game Atlantic 10 Conference schedule with a match vs. St. Bonaventure Sunday, Oct. 6. Kickoff at Hermann Stadium is set for 1 p.m.
• The Billikens lead the series with the Bonnies 9-3 and have won the last three meetings. SLU is 5-1 vs. St. Bonaventure in St. Louis.
• Saint Louis rose two spots to No. 2 in this week's United Soccer Coaches East Region poll, trailing only Georgetown.
• Courtney Reimer was named to the TopDrawerSoccer.com National Team of the Week for Sept. 23-29.
• SLU's 1-0 overtime victory over Saint Joseph's Thursday night extended the Billikens' winning streak to five and their unbeaten streak to seven (6-0-1). It also gave them a 17-game winning streak against A-10 opponents.
• Saint Louis has allowed just two goals over its last seven games.
• The Billikens are 31-1-5 in their last 37 games at Hermann Stadium, a stretch that dates to the final home game of 2015.
• Beginning in 2016, SLU is 16-0-1 in regular-season home conference games.
• The Billikens are No. 59 – highest among A-10 teams – in this week's NCAA Ratings Percentage Index (RPI). SLU has played four teams in the RPI top 50 – Louisville (No. 18), Notre Dame (No. 23), Oklahoma State (No. 33) and Purdue (No. 49).
• Saint Louis is enjoying the offensive balance it featured the past two years. Fifteen different player combinations have accounted for the Billikens’ 16 assisted goals this season. Nine Billikens have scored at least one goal, and 13 have tallied at least one point.
• The Billikens lead the A-10 in goals against average (0.53) and are second in save percentage (.837) and corner kicks (73).
• Mary Niehaus leads the A-10 in goals against average (0.34), save percentage (.889) and shutouts (seven).
• Hannah Friedrich leads the league in game-winning goals (four) and is tied for fifth in goals per game (0.46), tied for seventh in points per game (1.00) and eighth in shots per game (2.62).
• Evie Lavelle is fifth in assists per game (0.39), while Annabelle Copeland and Anna Lawler are tied for seventh in game-winning goals (two).
• After winning Atlantic 10 Conference regular-season and tournament titles and posting a school-record 18 wins a year ago, the Billikens were selected to finish atop the league again in the A-10 head coaches' preseason poll. Seven starters and 10 additional players are back from SLU’s 2018 team.
• Senior defender Alli Klug appears on the MAC Hermann Trophy Watch List for a second straight season. Klug also is one of four Billikens on the A-10 preseason All-Conference team, joining senior goalkeeper Mary Niehaus, senior midfielder Courtney Reimer and sophomore forward Hannah Friedrich.
• Saint Louis will host the semifinals and final of the 2019 Atlantic 10 Conference Championship Friday and Sunday, Nov. 8 and 10. Four first-round games will be played on the home fields of the top four teams in the final regular-season standings, with the winners advancing to SLU's Robert R. Hermann Stadium.
A LOOK AT THE BONNIES
• St. Bonaventure has allowed only 12 goals this season.
• The Bonnies have lost five 1-0 decisions, including three in conference play.
• Senior Lauren Malcolm has played every minute in goal. Malcolm leads the A-10 in saves per game (5.58), ranks second in GAA (0.98) and is third in save percentage (.848).
• Senior forward Bella May (2G, 2A) and sophomore midfielder/defender Kacie Filian (2G) lead St. Bonaventure with six and four points, respectively.