Saint Louis 3, Rhode Island 0 (25-18, 25-17, 25-22)
Sunday, Oct. 6 | St. Louis, Mo. (Chaifetz Pavilion)
• Saint Louis took down Rhode Island (6-9, 1-2) in three sets on Sunday, improving to 8-8 on the year, 2-1 in conference play.
• Senior OH Sien Gallop led the way for the Billikens, recording 19 kills, two service aces and seven digs.
• Junior S Kennedy Cordia moved into eighth place all-time on the Billikens career assists list with 2,105, following her 37 in Sunday’s match.
Rhode Island held an 18-16 lead over the Billikens late in the set, but Saint Louis ended the frame with a 9-0 run and won the game 25-18. Sophomore Sara Daniels broke the 18-18 tied with back-to-back kills, putting the Bills on top 20-18. Gallop recorded seven kills and hit for a .462 attack percentage in the set.
Following a tie score at six, the Billikens jumped out to 13-10, 16-13 and 19-14 leads. Back-to-back kills by Maya Taylor, put the Bills up 21-14. SLU took the second frame 25-17.
Saint Louis jumped out to an early 10-5 lead and kept a distance from there. The Billikens held leads at 14-11, 17-12 and 20-16, eventually taking the set 25-22 and the match 3-0.
• Gallop led the way for the Billikens, recording 19 kills, two service aces and seven digs.
• Cordia collected 37 assists, one service ace and ten digs.
• Junior OH Juliana Phillips tied a career-high with three service aces, along with five kills and two blocks.
• Daniels hit for a .462 attack percentage, tallying eight kills and five blocks.
• Lauren Mershon hit .545 on the afternoon, recording six kills.
The Billikens hit the road for the first time in conference play, with a match at George Washington On Friday, Oct. 11, and at George Mason on Saturday, Oct. 12.