Saint Louis 3, George Washington 0 (25-19, 25-19, 25-20)
Friday, Oct. 11 | Washington, D.C. (Charles E. Smith Center)
• Saint Louis improved to 9-8, 3-1 in conference play, following their sweep of George Washington (3-1 in the A-10) Friday night.
• The Billikens have won seven sets in a row, dating back to the fifth set against Fordham on Oct. 4.
• Six Billikens recorded five or more kills in the match, including Sien Gallop with a team-leading 10 kills.
Saint Louis pulled ahead to an early 10-6 lead, but George Washington went on a run and tied things at 11. The Billikens used a 4-0 run to jump out to another lead at 17-13. SLU won the first frame 25-19, after hitting for a .282 attack percentage.
The second set opened with tie scores at nine of the first 10 points, including at 10. SLU took the next three points, going up 13-10, and then they pulled ahead to 17-11. The Colonials fought back to 17-14, but Saint Louis finished off the set 25-19.
George Washington jumped out to an early 6-2 lead in the set, but the Billikens were able to tie things at seven. A 10-2 run by SLU gave the Bills a 12-8 lead. The Colonials pulled within one at 19-18, but Saint Louis finished off the sweep by taking the third frame 25-20.
• Junior S Kennedy Cordia collected 28 assists, 12 digs and a career-high six kills in the match.
• Sara Daniels recorded eight kills, while also having five total blocks.
• Gallop finished with 10 kills and four digs.
• Maya Taylor recorded eight kills and four digs.
• Senior Lauren Mershon hit for a .400 attack percentage, collecting five kills.
• Juliana Phillips had six kills, one service ace and three blocks in the match.
The Billikens head to Fairfax, Va., on Saturday for the second of four consecutive road contests. They’ll take on George Mason at 6 p.m. CT.