Saint Louis 3, George Mason 0 (25-18, 25-17, 25-15)
Saturday, Oct. 12 | Fairfax, Va. (Recreation Athletic Complex)
• Saint Louis improved to 10-8 on the season, 4-1 in conference play, with their sweep over George Mason Saturday night.
• The 25-15 victory in set three marked the third straight sweep, fourth straight match win and tenth straight set win for the Billikens.
• Lauren Mershon (.769), Juliana Phillips (.538), Kennedy Cordia (.500) and Sara Daniels (.450) all hit for a .450 attack percentage or better in the match.
Saint Louis went on a 5-0 run to negate an early George Mason lead, putting the Billikens up 10-6. SLU continued to hold leads throughout the set, including at 16-12 and 20-15. The Billikens saw their biggest advantage of the game at the final score of 25-18.
Following a tie score at seven, the Billikens were able get out to a 10-8 lead, before pulling ahead by eight at 20-12. SLU finished off the Patriots 25-17 in the frame.
The Patriots jumped out the an early 4-1 lead, but the Billikens came back to tie things at seven. With the score knotted at 10, Saint Louis went on a 4-0 run, grabbed a 14-10 lead and never looked back from there. The Billikens finished off the set 25-15 and won the match 3-0.
• Daniels finished the night with six kills, two service aces, three digs and four total blocks.
• Cordia recorded 38 assists in the three-set match, while also collecting 13 digs, three kills and one service ace.
• Mershon had ten kills in the match.
• Phillips tallied eight kills, one service ace and two total blocks.
• Sien Gallop recorded seven kills, one service ace and 13 digs.
• Maya Taylor finished with a match-high 13 kills, along with two digs and one solo block.
• Sophomore Cayce Chaycowsky had nine digs, five assists and one service ace.
The Billikens hit the road for another conference weekend, visiting Rhode Island on Friday, Oct. 18, and Fordham on Saturday, Oct. 19.