Game 1 – Saint Louis 6, Miami (Ohio) 0
Game 2 – Washington 15, Saint Louis 3 (5 innings)
Friday, February 9, 2018
• Sadie Wise and Alyssa Tarquinio had two RBIs apiece to support the shutout pitching of Kaylea Chappelle as Saint Louis registered its first win of the season, 6-0, over Miami (Ohio) Friday morning at Bradley’s Petersen Hotels Invitational.
• In SLU’s second game of the day, 2017 Women’s College World Series participant Washington defeated the Billikens 15-3.
GAME 1 – HOW IT HAPPENED
• Saint Louis struck for three runs in the top of the third inning, all with two outs. Tarquinio and Lauren Lomax drove in a run apiece with consecutive doubles, and Maria Connell’s run-scoring single made it 3-0.
• The Billikens notched a run in the fourth. Wise singled with two away and eventually scored on Tarquinio’s bases-loaded walk.
• The two-out magic continued in the seventh when Wise hit her first collegiate home run, a two-run blast, after two were retired to increase the SLU advantage to 6-0.
GAME 1 BILLIKEN NOTABLES
• Chappelle turned in her first collegiate shutout. She scattered five hits and walked only two.
• Wise was 3-for-5 and scored three runs.
• Lomax and Allie Macfarlane had two hits apiece.
• Tarquinio reached base three times, adding two walks to her double.
• Kaylyn Breitbach and Megan LoBianco singled and walked, and Alyssa Chavez chipped in a single.
GAME 2 – HOW IT HAPPENED
• Saint Louis answered Washington’s three first-inning tallies with a run in the bottom half. Wise led off with a double and scored on Tarquinio’s two-out single.
• The Bills plated a run in the third on Macfarlane’s two-out double.
• Krystina Kernich produced a two-out RBI single in the fifth for SLU’s final run.
GAME 2 BILLIKEN NOTABLES
Wise was 2-for-2 with a walk and scored all three Billiken runs.
Following an off day Saturday, Saint Louis concludes play at the Petersen Hotels Invitational Sunday with games against Western Illinois (11:30 a.m.) and Miami (Ohio) (2 p.m.).