Saint Louis 5, St. Bonaventure 2
Sunday, May 5, 2019
Olean, New York
• Saint Louis completed a three-game sweep of St. Bonaventure with a 5-2 victory over the Bonnies Sunday afternoon at Joyce Field.
• The Billikens, who won eight of their last nine conference games, concluded the regular season 18-31 overall and 12-10 in the Atlantic 10 Conference. St. Bonaventure finished 9-36, 5-17.
• Up next for the Billikens is the A-10 Championship. The six-team double-elimination tournament takes place Wednesday-Saturday, May 8-11, in Amherst, Massachusetts.
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Saint Louis grabbed a 2-0 lead in the top of the third inning. Kat Lane tripled in the first run and scored the second when Sadie Wise grounded out.
• The Billikens took advantage of two St. Bonaventure errors to plate three unearned runs in the fourth. Allie Herron drove in the first tally with a sacrifice fly.
• St. Bonaventure scored single runs in the fourth and seventh innings, but SLU pitchers limited the damage in both frames. Starter Kallen Loveless left the bases loaded in the fourth, and reliever Chloe Wendling stranded two runners with the potential tying run at the plate in the seventh.
• Wendling also worked out of a sixth-inning bases-loaded jam without allowing a run.
• Loveless notched her 10th victory of the season. She yielded just one run and three hits over four innings.
• Wendling recorded her first career save, also allowing one run and three hits in three innings of work.
• Lane added a single for a two-hit day.
• Kaylyn Breitbach singled twice.
• Wise collected her 19th double of the season, adding to her school record.
• Gabbie Kowalik also doubled, while Maria Connell, Mackenzie Lawson and Megan LoBianco picked up a single apiece.