Saint Louis 4, Eastern Illinois 0 (25-22, 25-16, 25-22, 25-18)
Saturday, Aug. 17 | St. Louis, Mo. (Chaifetz Pavilion)
- Prior to the match, Saint Louis and Eastern Illinois agreed that if a team won the first three sets, a fourth would be played.
- Maya Taylor had a match-high 15 kills. She added seven digs and one service ace.
- Giovanna Charles collected ten kills, good enough for second in the match. She tallied two service aces.
- Kennedy Cordia collected 25 assists in the match, while adding two kills.
- Freshman Shea Fuller assisted on 17 kills, while also adding three on her own.
Saint Louis trailed 3-1 early, but then used a 6-0 run to put them on top for the remainder of the set. Eastern Illinois threatened late, but the Billikens took it 25-22.
Taylor, Sien Gallop and Charles each tallied four kills in the second set, leading the Billikens to a 25-16 win. Cordia had 11 of her 25 assists in the second frame.
The Billikens earned the sweep, taking the set 25-22, following a furious comeback from down 17-10. The frame saw four tie scores and three lead changes.
Saint Louis went up 2-1 and never looked back. The Billikens took the final set 25-18, giving them a 4-0 victory in the match. Gallop, Lauren Mershon and Fuller each collected two kills in the final frame.
- Sara Daniels was third on the team with eight kills on 14 attempts.
- Emily Imo had a team-high nine digs.
The Billikens host the annual Megan Boken Alumni Match Saturday, Aug. 24, at 2 p.m.