Milwaukee 3, Saint Louis 1 (26-24, 16-25, 25-22, 25-18)
Friday, Sept. 6 | Des Moines, Iowa (Knapp Center)
• The Milwaukee Panthers handed the Billikens their first loss of the 2019 season, putting them at 3-1 on the year.
• Junior Maya Taylor recorded a career-high 23 kills in the four-set match, passing her previous high of 22 against Davidson on Sept. 30, 2018.
The Billikens rallied back from a 17-9 deficit to tie the game at 21. They went on to take a late 24-23 lead, but the Panthers grabbed the next three points, winning the set 26-24.
In a back-and-forth set, the Billikens and Panthers were all square at 11. SLU went on a 7-1 run, pulled away and won the set 25-16.
With tie scores at ten different points throughout the frame, including at 22, the Panthers collected the final three points and took the set 25-22.
Milwaukee took a commanding 18-10 lead in the set, and the Billikens couldn’t find a way to get back in it. The Panthers were victorious in the final frame 25-18 and the match 3-1.
• Taylor recorded a match and career-high 23 kills.
• Juliana Phillips hit for a .500 attack percentage (11 kills).
• Kennedy Cordia collected 44 assists on the afternoon.
• Four Billikens had double-digit digs in the match, including Sien Gallop with a match-high 16.
• Sara Daniels had eight kills to go along with six total blocks.
The Billikens will compete in a double-header in day two of the Drake Invitational, squaring off with Eastern Washington at 2 p.m. and tournament host Drake at 5 p.m.