Saint Louis 12
Wednesday, March 8 | Edwardsville, Ill. (Simmons Complex)
Saint Louis rises to 11-1 with a 12-3 win over SIUE in Edwardsville, Ill. The Billikens recorded 15 hits in the game, SLU’s seventh game this season with double-digit hits. Devin Mahoney (3-0) earns the win.
WP – Devin Mahoney (3-0) 5.0 IP, 5 H, 2 ER, 2 BB, 8K
LP – A.J. Johnson (0-1) 0.1 IP, 3 H, 5 ER, 2 BB, 0 K
SLU SCORING SUMMARY
T1 – Reeser singles to left. Case scores.
King doubles down the left field line. Hanford and Reeser score.
Sniatynski singles. King and Leimkuehler score.
T3 – Sniatynski homers to left center. King and Leimkuehler also score.
T6 – King triples to left field. Garella and Reeser score.
T8 – Garella homers to left center. Hanford also scores.
- Alex King continued his hot start to the season, going 3-for-4 with two runs, four RBIs and fell a home run short of the cycle.
- With five RBIs in today’s contest, Parker Sniatynski now has 13 RBIs in his past three games.
- Aaron Case opened the game with a double and has reached base safely in every game this season.
- Case finished the game 2-for-5, his sixth multi-hit game of the season.
- Carter Hanford was 2-for-4, his sixth multi-hit game this year.
- Starting pitcher Devin Mahoney had eight strikeouts in the game, a career-best for him and matching a season-high for SLU.
- Saint Louis pitchers combined for 15 strikeouts in the game.
- Saint Louis corralled double-digit hits in a game for the seventh time this season.
- Edwardsville native Jake Garella hit a two-run home run in the top of the eighth, his first collegiate home run.
Saint Louis hosts Northern Illinois for a three-game series at the Billiken Sports Center. Due to inclement weather in the area, the Billikens and Huskies will play a double-header on Friday with the first game at 2 p.m. The final game of the series will be played on Sunday at noon.