Saint Louis 7
Saturday, May 6 | Davidson, N.C. (Wilson Field)
A six-run ninth-inning propelled Saint Louis to a 7-5 win over Davidson. It was the second time this week the Billikens have won a game in the ninth inning. The win moves SLU to 26-17 overall and 8-7 in Atlantic 10 Conference games.
SLU SCORING SUMMARY
T2 - Leimkuehler homers to right center.
T9 - Morisano homers to center field. Reeser also scores.
Case singles through the left side. Sniatynski and Leimkuehler score.
Dubet homers to left field. Case also scores.
- The ninth-inning comeback was SLU's second of the week after posting a walkoff victory against SEMO earlier this week.
- The SLU ninth was the 15th time this season the Billikens have scored five or more runs in an inning.
- James Morisano hit his 10th home run of the season in the ninth to start the Billiken rally. He finished the game 2-for-4.
- Aaron Case also went 2-for-4 with the game-tying hit in the ninth.
- Cole Dubet hit his first home run as a Billiken, the game-winning shot in the ninth. It was his lone hit of the game.
- Five of the Billikens six runs in the ninth came with two outs.
- Trent Leimkuehler was 2-for-4 with a home run, two runs scored and an RBI. He now has three home runs this year.
- On the mound, Devin Mahoney got the start, recording seven strikeouts in six innings of work.
- Mahoney was relieved by Charlie Sheehan. Sheehan earned the win in both ninth-inning comebacks this week.
- Ryan Lefner threw the ninth for his ninth save of the year. He ties Matt Eckelman for third on SLU's single season saves list.
The Wildcats and Billikens decide the series tomorrow at noon. Aaron Patton is expected to start for the Billikens.