Saint Louis 7 (10 Innings)
Saturday, May 13 | St. Louis, Mo. (Billiken Sports Center)
A grand slam in the top of the tenth dropped the Billikens to 28-19 overall and 9-9 in Atlantic 10 games this season. Leadoff hitter Aaron Case was 2-for-3 in the game with a home run and matched a school-record with three hit by pitch.
WP - Dalton Light (1-1) 1.2 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 1 K
LP - Ryan Lefner (0-5) 2.1 IP, 4 H, 5 ER, 2 BB, 2 K
SLU SCORING SUMMARY
B4 - Morisano double to left center. Case scores.
Leimkuehler singles through the right side. Sniatynski scores.
Hanford singles through the lift side. Morisano scores.
B5 - Case hits home run to left center.
Leimkuehler grounds out to SS. Sniatynski scores.
Hanford singles to center. Reeser scores.
B6 - Dubet hits home run to left center.
- Aaron Case tied a SLU single-game record with three hit by pitch. He is the third Billiken to get plunked three times, most recently was Parker Sniatynski in 2015.
- Sniatynski was 3-for-6 in the contest, scoring a pair of runs.
- Case was 2-for-3 with a home run, his fourth of the year.
- Carter Hanford was 2-for-5 in the game with two RBIs.
- Charlie Sheehan earned one out in the game and has now thrown five consecutive scoreless innings over four appearances.
- Sean Frontzak threw for the second time this weekend, hurling 1.2 shutout innings and lowering his ERA to 2.83.
- Frontzak now has 25 appearances this season, sixth on SLU's single season list.
- Brett Shimanovsky made his 84th career appearance, earning a strikeout.
The final game of the Richmond series is set for tomorrow at noon. Prior to the start of the game, Saint Louis will honor its senior class in a ceremony. Pregame honors are expected to begin at 11:45.