Saint Louis 6, Richmond 1
Sunday, Sept. 30, 2018 | Noon CDT
Robins Stadium | Richmond, Va.
• Alyssa Seitzer registered a natural hat trick to lead Saint Louis to a 6-1 rout of Richmond in an Atlantic 10 Conference women’s soccer game Sunday afternoon at Richmond’s Robins Stadium.
• Hannah Friedrich, Annabelle Copeland and Evie Lavelle also scored for the Billikens (9-3-1, 4-0 A-10), who extended their winning streak to five games. SLU remained tied with Massachusetts, VCU and Fordham for first place in the A-10.
• The Billikens are 4-0 in conference play for the first time since 2005, Saint Louis’ first year as an A-10 member.
• Richmond slipped to 1-11, 1-3.
Hannah Friedrich (unassisted), 17:10, SLU 1-0; Alyssa Seitzer (Courtney Reimer), 30:27, SLU 2-0; Alyssa Seitzer (Hannah Friedrich), 47:07, SLU 3-0; Alyssa Seitzer (Maddie Pokorny), 55:05, SLU 4-0; Annabelle Copeland (Kassie Newsom), 63:04, SLU 5-0; Evie Lavelle (unassisted), 80:40, SLU 6-0; Ashley Gross (unassisted), 86:47, SLU 6-1.
• Saint Louis scored six goals in a game for the first time since defeating Temple 7-0 on Oct. 22, 2006.
• Seitzer’s hat trick is the eighth in Billiken women’s soccer history and the first since Cassi Winchell accomplished the feat at St. Bonaventure on Oct. 6, 2006. It’s the fourth natural hat trick in program history.
• Seitzer leads the Billikens in goals (nine) and points (19), both career highs for a season. She ranks third in goals and tied for fourth in points on SLU’s season lists for juniors.
• Friedrich has six goals and six assists for 18 points. Her six assists are tied for fourth on the Billikens’ season list for freshmen.
• Copeland and Lavelle collected their first goals of the season.
• Courtney Reimer picked up her third assist of the year, while Maddie Pokorny and Kassie Newsom each tallied a second helper.
• The Billikens now have 18 different player combinations on 22 assisted goals this season.
• Saint Louis has outscored its opponents 28-9 overall and 18-4 in the second half this season.
• The Billikens outshot the Spiders 20-3 overall and 12-1 in shots on goal. SLU earned a 10-1 advantage in corner kicks.
• Seitzer registered five shots, four of which were on frame. Pokorny had four shots.
SAINT LOUIS STARTERS
Olivia Silverman (G), Alli Klug (D), Emma Farley (D), Isabella Palazzolo (D), Isabel Burke (D), Courtney Reimer (M), Hannah Friedrich (M), Evie Lavelle (M), Maddie Pokorny (F), Alyssa Seitzer (F), Lindsay Sands (F).
SAINT LOUIS SUBSTITUTES
Jess Kopec, Kassie Newsom, Elli Brunts, Annabelle Copeland, Megan Crevoiserat, Haley Cox, Kasey Hartmann.
The Billikens play at Dayton Thursday, Oct. 4. Game time is 6 p.m. (CT).