Saint Louis 3, Dayton 1
Thursday, Oct. 4, 2018 | 6 p.m. CDT
Baujan Field | Dayton, Ohio
• Goals by Hannah Friedrich, Courtney Reimer and Maddie Pokorny powered Saint Louis to a 3-1 Atlantic 10 Conference victory over Dayton Thursday night at UD’s Baujan Field.
• With their sixth win in a row, the Billikens (10-3-1, 5-0 A-10) achieved a double-digit victory total for a third straight season. They remained tied with VCU for first place in the A-10; previously undefeated and untied Massachusetts and Fordham battled to a 1-1 draw Thursday night and are 4-0-1.
• The Billikens are 5-0 in conference play for the first time since 2005, Saint Louis’ first year as an A-10 member.
• The victory snapped SLU’s 13-game winless streak vs. Dayton.
• Dayton fell to 5-6-2, 1-3-1.
Hannah Friedrich (unassisted), 5:14, SLU 1-0; Caroline Mink (Micayla Livingston, Keagin Collie), 19:41, tied 1-1; Courtney Reimer (Megan Crevoiserat), 34:17, SLU 2-1; Maddie Pokorny (Annabelle Copeland), 78:14, SLU 3-1.
• Saint Louis outshot Dayton 11-2 overall and 7-1 in shots on goal. The Billikens also earned a 6-2 edge in corner kicks.
• For a second consecutive game, SLU’s first goal was an unassisted tally by Hannah Friedrich. The freshman midfielder has seven goals on the season to rank second on the team, and she is the Billikens’ leader with 20 points (7G, 6A), tying for fourth place on SLU’s all-time season list for freshmen.
• Courtney Reimer’s goal was her second of the season, while Maddie Pokorny’s tally was her fifth. Pokorny took the team scoring lead in A-10 games with nine points (4G, 1A).
• Megan Crevoiserat collected her second assist of the season, and Annabelle Copeland picked up her first.
• Saint Louis has outscored its opponents 31-10 overall and 19-4 in the second half this season.
SAINT LOUIS STARTERS
Olivia Silverman (G), Alli Klug (D), Emma Farley (D), Isabella Palazzolo (D), Isabel Burke (D), Courtney Reimer (M), Hannah Friedrich (M), Evie Lavelle (M), Olivia Petit (M), Maddie Pokorny (F), Alyssa Seitzer (F).
SAINT LOUIS SUBSTITUTES
Lindsay Sands, Annabelle Copeland, Megan Crevoiserat, Haley Cox.
The Billikens host Duquesne Sunday, Oct. 7. Kickoff at Robert R. Hermann Stadium is slated for 1 p.m.