Saint Louis 1, Duquesne 0
Sunday, Oct. 7, 2018 | 1 p.m. CDT
Robert R. Hermann Stadium | St. Louis, Mo.
• Maddie Pokorny scored her sixth goal of the season in the 70th minute to lift Saint Louis to a 1-0 Atlantic 10 Conference victory over Duquesne Sunday afternoon at Hermann Stadium.
• Saint Louis improved to 11-3-1 overall with its seventh consecutive win. Coupled with VCU’s loss to Saint Joseph’s, the victory put the Billikens in sole possession of first place (6-0) in the A-10 with four games remaining.
• Duquesne fell to 5-7-1, 1-4-1.
Maddie Pokorny (Hannah Friedrich), 69:17, SLU 1-0.
• The Billikens are No. 6 in the United Soccer Coaches East Region rankings.
• The Billikens are 6-0 in conference play for the first time since 2005, Saint Louis’ first year as an A-10 member.
• Saint Louis is 23-1-4 in its last 28 games at Hermann Stadium, a stretch that dates to the final home game of the 2015 campaign.
• SLU has outscored its opponents 32-10 overall and 20-4 in the second half this season.
• The shutout was the eighth of the season for the Billikens and the sixth solo clean sheet for Olivia Silverman, who made three saves.
• Pokorny now leads the Billikens in goals (five) and points (11) against A-10 opponents.
• Hannah Friedrich’s assist was her team-leading seventh of the season. Friedrich also leads SLU with 21 points (7G, 7A). She is in sole possession of fourth place on the Billikens’ all-time lists for points and assists by a freshman.
• Saint Louis earned advantages in total shots (23-7), shots on goal (7-3) and corner kicks (6-3).
• Pokorny matched her career high of eight total shots, three of which were on goal. She has a team-high 58 shots this season (team-high 29 SOG) and 201 for her career, good for fourth place on SLU’s all-time list.
• Olivia Petit had four shots, and Courtney Reimer took three.
• Silverman, Pokorny, Alli Klug and Isabel Burke played all 90 minutes.
SAINT LOUIS STARTERS
Olivia Silverman (G), Alli Klug (D), Emma Farley (D), Isabella Palazzolo (D), Isabel Burke (D), Courtney Reimer (M), Hannah Friedrich (M), Evie Lavelle (M), Olivia Petit (M), Maddie Pokorny (F), Alyssa Seitzer (F).
SAINT LOUIS SUBSTITUTES
Kassie Newsom, Lindsay Sands, Annabelle Copeland, Megan Crevoiserat, Haley Cox.
The Billikens host second-place Fordham (5-0-1) Thursday, Oct. 11, in an A-10 match starting at 7 p.m.