Saint Louis 1, Missouri State 0
Wednesday, Sept. 18,
Betty and Bobby Allison South Stadium | Springfield, Missouri
• Anna Lawler scored her second goal of the season in the 54th minute, and Saint Louis made it stand up for a 1-0 victory over Missouri State Wednesday night in Springfield.
• Emily Groark collected her second assist of the year, and the Billikens allowed just one shot in posting their fifth shutout of the season and third in succession.
• Saint Louis concluded its nonconference schedule with a 5-3-1 record. Missouri State, which had a three-game winning streak and a six-game unbeaten streak snapped, fell to 5-2-1.
Anna Lawler (Emily Groark), 53:32, SLU 1-0
• The Billikens outshot the Bears 12-1 and earned a 4-1 advantage in corner kicks.
• Evie Lavelle and Brionna Halverson had a game-high three shots apiece.
• The Lawler-Groark duo was SLU's eighth different scoring combination on its eight assisted goals this season.
• Mary Niehaus registered her 24th career shutout.
• Mary Niehaus, Alli Klug, Emma Farley
SAINT LOUIS STARTERS
Mary Niehaus, Alli Klug, Courtney Reimer, Sophia Denison, Emma Farley, Hannah Friedrich, Brionna Halverson, Evie Lavelle, Anna Lawler, Isabel Burke, Emily Groark.
SAINT LOUIS SUBSTITUTES
Anna Walsh, Sydney Walker, Brianna Arthur, Karsen Kohl, Sydney Beach, Annabelle Copeland, Brianna Hatfield, Abbie Miller.
The Billikens begin Atlantic 10 Conference play Sunday, Sept. 22, at Rhode Island. Game time is noon (CDT).