Saint Louis 69, Harris-Stowe 51
Saturday, November 4, 2017 | 7 p.m.
Chaifetz Arena | St. Louis, Missouri
• Javon Bess led four Saint Louis players in double figures with 15 points as the Billikens defeated Harris-Stowe 69-51 Saturday night in an exhibition game at Chaifetz Arena.
• Jordan Goodwin scored 14 points, Jalen Johnson tallied 13 and Davell Roby added 11 for the Billikens. Bess completed a double-double with a game-high 10 rebounds, including a game-high four on the offensive glass, while Goodwin led the Billikens with five assists.
HOW IT HAPPENED
• A 16-0 run sparked by two consecutive Bess 3-pointers gave Saint Louis an 18-3 lead. Johnson and Roby also had treys during the spurt.
• Harris-Stowe answered with a 14-3 flurry and trailed 21-17 with 8:51 left in the first half.
• The SLU lead hovered between five and nine points until the Billikens netted the last four points of the half to take a 32-21 advantage to the locker room.
• The Billikens maintained a double-digit lead throughout the second half. The final score was Saint Louis’ largest lead of the game.
• Saint Louis shot a solid 40 percent (8-of-20) from 3-point range.
• The Billikens allowed Harris-Stowe just three free throw attempts and earned a 45-37 rebounding advantage (15-8 offensive).
• SLU committed just 12 turnovers, including only three in the second half.
• Hasahn French, D.J. Foreman and Roby grabbed nine, eight and seven rebounds, respectively.
Nate Richardson, 16 points (4-of-5 3-pointers); Deandre Clark, seven rebounds; Julian Clarkson, seven assists, Rahsaan Johnson, four blocks.
The Billikens open the season Friday, Nov. 10, against Seattle. Tip time at Chaifetz Arena is 7 p.m.