Saint Louis at Oregon State
Saturday, Dec. 16, 2017 | 9:30 p.m. (CT) | Portland, Ore. (Moda Center)
TV: Pac-12 Network (Guy Haberman, Mike Montgomery) (channel listings)
Radio: 101 ESPN (Bob Ramsey, Earl Austin Jr.)
Online Coverage: Pac-12 Network stream (info) | Live Stats | @SaintLouisMBB on Twitter
++ SLU Game Notes ++
SETTING THE SCENE
– Saint Louis travels to Portland, Oregon, to face Oregon State at the Moda Center on Saturday night. Game time is 7:30 p.m. (PT).
– The game will be televised on Pac-12 Network. Guy Haberman and Mike Montgomery are on the call.
– The radio broadcast will air on 101 ESPN (101.1 FM and 101Sports.com). As always, Billiken Hall of Famer Bob Ramsey provides the play-by-play, while St. Louis American Sports Editor Earl Austin Jr. handles the analysis.
– The game is part of the Dam City Classic presented by Your Local Toyota Dealers. The OSU women’s team plays UC Santa Barbara prior to the SLU-OSU game.
– Portland is a 1 hour, 45 minute drive from OSU’s campus in Corvallis. This is the third year in a row the Beavers have played a regular season game in the Moda Center, home of the Portland Trail Blazers.
– Saint Louis enters Saturday’s game at the Moda Center with a 5-5 record.
– In their last outing Dec. 12, the Billikens picked up a 66-55 victory over Murray State at Chaifetz Arena. SLU received a game-high 20 points from Javon Bess; a career-high 16 points from Hasahn French; and a career-best 14 rebounds from Jalen Johnson in the win.
– Junior guard Javon Bess continues to lead the team in scoring, averaging 15.0 ppg. Through games of Tuesday, Dec. 12, he led the league and ranked in the top 15 nationally in free throws made (66) and attempted (82).
– Freshman guard Jordan Goodwin leads the Billikens in rebounding (6.8 rpg), assists (43) and steals (24). He is second on the team in scoring with 9.6 ppg. Goodwin is third in the A-10 in steals per game and fifth in assists per game, through games of Tuesday, Dec. 12.
– Freshman forward Hasahn French leads the A-10 in blocked shots with 23. That total is already eighth in school history for most blocks in a season by a freshman. French scores 8.6 ppg and is second on the Billikens in rebounding with 6.7 rpg.
– Senior guard Davell Roby (9.5 ppg) has drained a team-best 16 3-pointers. Roby is the Billikens’ active career-leading scorer with 877 points and needs 123 more to become the 31st member of SLU’s 1,000 points club.
– The Billikens will play in three NBA arenas this year – Madison Square Garden (Virginia Tech and Providence); Moda Center (Oregon State) and Capital One Arena (A-10 Championship).
– Up next, SLU opens a two-game homestand to conclude the nonconference season when it welcomes Campbell to Chaifetz Arena on Tuesday, Dec. 19, for a 7:30 p.m. tip. The Billikens then host SEMO on Friday, Dec. 22, at 6 p.m.
– Oregon State has won five in a row and tier Saturday's game with a 7-3 record.
– Tres Tinkle, the son of head coach Wayne Tinkle, leads the team in scoring (17.7 ppg), rebounding (6.9 rpg), assists (37) and steals (14).
– Stephen Thompson Jr. and Ethan Thompson, the sons of assistant coach Stephen Thompson, also score in double figures with 16. 3 ppg and 10.7 ppg, respectively.
– Drew Eubanks scores 15.3 ppg and brings down 6.8 rpg.
– The Beavers advanced to the NCAA Tournament in 2015-16, but encountered a rash of injuries last year en route to a 5-27 record.
– Wayne Tinkle is in his fourth season as head coach at Oregon State.