Saint Louis vs. Southeast Missouri
Friday, Dec. 22, 2017 | 6 p.m. | St. Louis, Mo. (Chaifetz Arena)
TV: FOX Sports Midwest (Dan McLaughlin, Scott Highmark) (channel listings)
Radio: 101 ESPN (Bob Ramsey, Earl Austin Jr.)
Online Coverage: A-10 Digital Network stream (info) | FOX Sports Go App stream (info) | Live Stats | @SaintLouisMBB on Twitter
++ SLU Game Notes ++
SETTING THE SCENE
– Saint Louis concludes the nonconference portion of its schedule Friday when it hosts Southeast Missouri at Chaifetz Arena. Game time is 6 p.m.
– Friday’s game will be televised on FOX Sports Midwest. Dan McLaughlin and Billiken Hall of Famer Scott Highmark are on the call.
– The radio broadcast will air on 101 ESPN (101.1 FM and 101Sports.com). As always, Billiken Hall of Famer Bob Ramsey provides the play-by-play, while St. Louis American Sports Editor Earl Austin Jr. handles the analysis.
– The annual Teddy Bear Toss will take place at halftime of Friday's game. Fans are encouraged to bring a like new stuffed animal to the game. At the beginning of halftime, on cue from the public address announcer, fans can toss the stuffed animals onto the court. All items will be collected and donated.
– Fans who bring a stuffed animal to the game can purchase buy-one, get-one free tickets at the Billiken Ticket Office.
– Saint Louis enters Friday’s game against SEMO with a 6-6 record.
– The Billikens are looking to finish the nonconference slate with a winning record for the first time since the 2014-15 season.
– In their last outing Dec. 19, the Billikens used balanced scoring to defeat Campbell 74-66 at Chaifetz Arena. Aaron Hines led four players in double figures with 18 points.
– Junior guard Javon Bess continues to lead the team in scoring, averaging 13.6 ppg. Through games of Tuesday, Dec. 19, he led the league and ranked 11th nationally in free throws made (75) and attempted (98).
– Freshman guard Jordan Goodwin leads the Billikens in rebounding (tied-6.8 rpg), assists (47) and steals (28). He is second on the team in scoring with 11.2 ppg.
– Freshman forward Hasahn French leads the Atlantic 10 Conference with 26 blocks (2.4/game). His 26 blocks are eighth in school history for most blocks in a season by a freshman. French is tied with Goodwin for the team lead in rebounding with 6.8 rpg.
– As a team, the Billikens lead the A-10 in free throws made (209) and attempted (313).
– Saint Louis is fourth in the Atlantic 10 Conference in scoring defense, allowing 66.6 ppg. Opponents shoot 42.4 percent from the field against SLU, the third lowest percentage in the A-10.
– The Billikens open Atlantic 10 Conference play Saturday, Dec. 30, at La Salle. Tip time in Philadelphia is slated for 1 p.m. (CT).
– Southeast Missouri State University (Cape Girardeau, Mo.) also.
– The Redhawks are led in scoring by guard Denzel Mahoney, who scores 19.2 ppg, tops in the Ohio Valley Conference.
– Guard Ledarrius Brewer averages 11.8 ppg and has drained a team-leading 24 3-pointers. He scored 14.3 ppg in a four-game stretch and was named to the Mayan Division Cancun Challenge All-Tournament team.
– Guard Jonathan Dalton has dished out a team-best 63 assists. He leads the OVC in assist/turnover ratio.
– Head coach Rick Ray is in his third season at SEMO. He came to SEMO after three years as head coach at Mississippi State.
– The Billikens lead the all-time series 9-4. The Billikens defeated the Redhawks 87-64 in the last meeting Nov. 8, 2013, at Chaifetz Arena.