Saint Louis (7-7, 0-1 A-10) at Davidson (5-7, 0-1 A-10)
Wednesday, Jan. 3, 2018 | 6 p.m. (CT) | Davidson, N.C. (Belk Arena)
TV: None (streamed on A-10 Digital Network for a fee)
Radio: 101 ESPN (Bob Ramsey, Earl Austin Jr.)
Online Coverage: A-10 Digital Network stream ($) | Live Stats | @SaintLouisMBB on Twitter
++ SLU Game Notes ++
SETTING THE SCENE
– Saint Louis concludes a two-game road swing Wednesday when it takes on Davidson College in Davidson, N.C. Game time is 6 p.m. (CT).
– Wednesday’s game will not be televised, however it will be streamed for a fee on the A-10 Digital Network. A 24-hour pass on Davidson’s A-10 Digital Network package costs $5.95.
– The radio broadcast will air on 101 ESPN (101.1 FM and 101Sports.com). As always, Billiken Hall of Famer Bob Ramsey provides the play-by-play, while St. Louis American Sports Editor Earl Austin Jr. handles the analysis.
– Saint Louis enters Wednesday’s game at Davidson 7-7 overall and 0-1 in Atlantic 10 Conference play.
– The Billikens are coming off an 83-60 loss at La Salle last Saturday. Freshman guard Jordan Goodwin led the way for Saint Louis with 13 points and a career-high 16 rebounds.
– Goodwin has 31 steals this season, which is already tied for 10th (Mike McCall Jr.) in school history for steals in a season by a freshman.
– Over the last four games, Goodwin is averaging 18.5 ppg and 8.5 rpg. He is also shooting over 50 percent in that stretch (.518, 29-of-56).
– Junior guard Javon Bess continues to lead the team in scoring, averaging 13.7 ppg. Through games of Jan. 1, he led the league and ranked in the top 20 nationally in free throws made (17th, 84 FTM) and attempted (10th, 111 FTA).
– Freshman forward Hasahn French is second in the Atlantic 10 Conference with 26 blocks (2.0/game). His 26 blocks are eighth in school history for most blocks in a season by a freshman. French is second on the Billikens with 6.5 rpg.
– Senior guard Davell Roby is getting closer to becoming the 31st Billiken to score 1,000 points in a career. He sits at 923 career points. If he scores at his current average of 10.1 ppg, he’ll reach the 1000-point barrier in late January.
– As a team, Saint Louis is third in the Atlantic 10 Conference in scoring defense, allowing 66.4 ppg. Opponents shoot 42.3 percent from the field against SLU, the second lowest percentage in the A-10.
– The Billikens open a two-game homestand on Saturday, Jan. 6, at Chaifetz Arena, hosting the Richmond Spiders in a 7 p.m. tip on FOX Sports Midwest.
– The Wildcats, who last played at home Dec. 5, enter Wednesday's game 5-7 overall and 0-1 in Atlantic 10 play
– Kellan Grady, who was named A-10 Rookie of the Week for the second time this season on Tuesday, led the Wildcats with a game-high 25 points at Richmond.
– Over his last two games, Grady is averaging 27.5 points, while shooting 58.3 percent from the floor, including 9-of-16 from 3-point range.
– Davidson leads the nation in assist-turnover ratio (1.93) and is eighth in 3-pointers per game (11.4).
– Through 12 contests, the Wildcats have a combined 218 assists to just 113 turnovers.
– Senior Peyton Aldridge continues to lead the team in scoring (21.1 ppg) and rebounding (6.9).
– Backcourt mates Grady and Jon Axel Gudmundsson also average double figures for the Wildcats at 15.8 and 14.3 points, respectively.
– The trio accounts for 66.0 percent of Davidson's offense, while combining for 79 of the Wildcats' 137 treys.
– Davidson, which joined the A-10 in 2014-15, leads the all-time series 2-1.