Saint Louis vs. Dayton
Saturday, Jan. 27, 2018 | 3 p.m. (CT) | St. Louis, Mo. (Chaifetz Arena)
TV: CBS Sports Network (John Sadak, Tim Doyle)
Radio: 101 ESPN (Bob Ramsey, Earl Austin Jr.)
Online Coverage: Live Stats | @SaintLouisMBB on Twitter
++ SLU Game Notes ++
SETTING THE SCENE
– Saint Louis welcomes Dayton to Chaifetz Arena on Saturday for the annual Billiken White Out game, presented by Edward Jones. Free T-shirts will be placed on fans’ seats, and all Billikens’ fans are encouraged to wear white.
– Saturday’s game will be nationally televised on CBS Sports Network. John Sadak and Tim Doyle are on the call.
– The radio broadcast will air on 101 ESPN (101.1 FM and 101Sports.com). As always, Billiken Hall of Famer Bob Ramsey provides the play-by-play, while St. Louis American Sports Editor Earl Austin Jr. handles the analysis.
– Saint Louis, which has won two of its last three, enters Saturday’s with a 10-11 overall record and a 3-5 mark in A-10 play.
– The Billikens are coming off a 75-74 overtime loss against VCU. SLU had a 13-point lead with 12:27 remaining before the Rams rallied. VCU forced overtime with a 3-pointer with four seconds left in regulation.
– Jordan Goodwin is the reigning A-10 co-Rookie of the Week. He has posted double-doubles in three-straight games, including the first triple-double in school history Jan. 17. Over the last four games, Goodwin is averaging 14.0 ppg, 11.0 rpg and 7.8 apg. He is fourth in the A-10 in steals, and seventh in the A-10 in rebounding and assists.
– Junior forward D.J. Foreman leads all A-10 players in FG percentage in A-10 games (.712, 37-of-52). Over the last six games, Foreman is averaging 14.2 ppg.
– Senior guard Davell Roby became the 31st Billiken to reach 1,000 career points when he converted a layup in the second half against Duquesne. Amazingly, the 1,000th point came on Goodwin’s triple-double-clinching assist. Roby is SLU’s active leading scorer with 1,026 career points.
– Junior guard Javon Bess continues to lead the team in scoring, averaging 13.1 ppg. He leads the A-10 in free throws made (114) and attempted (153).
– Freshman forward Hasahn French is second in the A-10 with 39 blocks. He is third in school history for most blocks in a season by a freshman.
– The Billikens lead the A-10 in scoring defense, allowing 66.1 ppg. Saint Louis also leads the league in rebounding margin (+3.5) and has out-rebounded its opponent in seven straight games.
– Dayton (10-10, 4-4 A-10) is coming off a 65-64 win against Davidson on Tuesday.
– Senior guard Darrell Davis leads the Flyers in scoring with 16.8 ppg. He shoots 44.5 percent (105-236) from the field and 39.7 percent (52-131) from beyond the arc.
– Junior forward Josh Cunningham scores 16.1 ppg and is the Flyers’ top rebounder with 8.9 rpg. He is a 67.7 percent (126-186) shooter from the floor.
– Sophomore guard Trey Landers turns in 9.0 ppg, while freshman guard freshman guard Jalen Crutcher adds 7.9 ppg and has dished out a team-leading 75 assists.
– The Flyers lead the Atlantic 10 Conference in field goal percentage, connecting at a 48.1 percent (517-1075) clip.
– Head coach Anthony Grant is in his first season leading his alma mater. Previously, he coached at VCU (2006-09) and Alabama (2009-15).
This is the 58th all-time meeting between the Billikens and Flyers ... Dayton leads the all-time series 32-25, including a 16-8 series advantage since SLU joined the A-10 in 2005-06 ... the Flyers have won seven in a row in the series.