Saint Louis vs. Saint Joseph's
Wednesday, Jan. 31, 2018 | 6 p.m. (CT) | Philadelphia, Pa. (Hagan Arena)
TV: None (streamed on A-10 Digital Network)
Radio: 101 ESPN (Bob Ramsey, Earl Austin Jr.)
Online Coverage: A-10 Digital Network stream | Live Stats | @SaintLouisMBB on Twitter
++ SLU Game Notes ++
SETTING THE SCENE
– Saint Louis (11-11, 4-5 A-10) travels to Philadelphia to face Saint Joseph’s (9-11, 4-4 A-10) on Wednesday night. Game time is 6 p.m. (CT).
– Wednesday’s game will not be televised, but will stream free and in HD on the A-10 Digital Network.
– The radio broadcast will air on 101 ESPN (101.1 FM and 101Sports.com). As always, Billiken Hall of Famer Bob Ramsey provides the play-by-play, while St. Louis American Sports Editor Earl Austin Jr. handles the analysis.
– Saint Louis, winners of three of its last four, enters Wednesday’s game against Saint Joseph’s with an 11-11 overall record and a 4-5 mark in A-10 play.
– Wednesday’s game is part of the Jesuit Basketball Spotlight, a nationwide effort to bring greater positive awareness and exposure to Jesuit education through basketball.
– The Billikens are coming off an impressive 75-65 win against Dayton on Saturday, ending the Flyers’ seven-game winning streak in the series. Javon Bess led Saint Louis with 20 points against Dayton, and Jalen Johnson chipped in 16 points.
– Junior guard Javon Bess continues to lead the team in scoring, averaging 13.5 ppg. He scored 20 points in each of the last two games (VCU and Dayton). Bess leads the A-10 in free throws made (117) and attempted (157).
– Jordan Goodwin has five double-doubles on the year, including the first triple-double in school history Jan. 17 against Duquesne. He is fourth in the A-10 in steals (2.1 per game) and seventh in assists (4.1 per game).
– Freshman forward Hasahn French is second in the A-10 with 40 blocks.
– Junior forward D.J. Foreman leads all A-10 players in FG percentage in A-10 games (.702, 40-of-57). Over the last six games, Foreman is averaging 12.5 ppg.
– Senior guard Davell Roby became the 31st Billiken to reach 1,000 career points when he converted a layup in the second half against Duquesne. Roby is SLU’s active leading scorer with 1,040 career points.
– The Billikens are second in the A-10 in scoring defense, allowing 66.1 ppg. Saint Louis is also second in the league in rebounding margin (+3.1) and third in blocked shots (4.4 per game).
– Saint Joseph's enters tonight's matchup 9-11 overall and 4-4 in league play.
– Saint Joseph’s lost to Penn on Saturday, 67-56, in its final non-conference game of the year. Shavar Newkirk had 19 points as SJU couldn’t overcome a 10-point second half deficit.
– James Demery is averaging a career-best 17.6 points for the Hawks and is averaging 19.5 points in Atlantic 10 games.
– The Hawks lead the nation in fewest turnovers per game (9.2) and rank second in fewest turnovers (184).
– SJU is 7-1 at home and is currently on a five-game winning streak at Hagan Arena.
This is the 14th all-time meeting between the Billikens and Hawks ... Saint Louis leads the all-time series 10-3 ... the Billikens have won 10 of the last 11 in the series, which included a nine-game winning streak ... SLU is 5-1 against the Hawks at Hagan Arena.