Saint Louis (15-12, 8-6 A-10) at Dayton (12-14, 6-8 A-10)
Tuesday, Feb. 20, 2018 | 8 p.m. (CT) | Dayton, Ohio (UD Arena)
TV: ESPNU (Matt Schick, Dino Gaudio)
Radio: 101 ESPN (Bob Ramsey, Earl Austin Jr.)
Online Coverage: Live Video | Live Stats | @SaintLouisMBB on Twitter
SETTING THE SCENE
– Saint Louis heads to Dayton, Ohio, to take on the Dayton Flyers on Tuesday night. Game time is scheduled for 8 p.m. (CT).
– Tuesday’s game will be televised on ESPNU, with Matt Schick and Dino Gaudio on the call.
– The radio broadcast will air on 101 ESPN (101.1 FM and 101Sports.com). As always, Billiken Hall of Famer Bob Ramsey provides the play-by-play, while St. Louis American Sports Editor Earl Austin Jr. handles the analysis.
– This is the second game the Billikens and Flyers have played this season. Earlier this year at Chaifetz Arena, the Billikens topped the Flyers 75-65 behind a game-high 20 points by Javon Bess. Jalen Johnson (16 points) and Davell Roby (14 points) also scored in double figures for the Billikens.
– Saint Louis (15-12, 8-6 A-10) has won five out of its last six games and enters Tuesday’s matchup in sole possession of fourth place in the Atlantic 10 Conference standings.
– The Billikens started the A-10 season 1-4, but have gone 7-2 since.
– The Billikens are above .500 this late in the season for the first time since the 2013-14 season. The Billikens’ 15 wins so far are the most since the 2013-14 team won 27 times. In addition, SLU’s eight conference victories are the most since that same 2013-14 squad registered 13 league wins (in a 16-game schedule).
– Junior guard Javon Bess has recorded double-doubles in each of the last four games and continues to lead the team in scoring, averaging 13.1 ppg. Bess leads the A-10 in free throws made (133) and attempted (176).
– Freshman forward Hasahn French is second in the A-10 with 52 blocks. He is SLU's all-time freshman leader for blocked shots in a season. Over the last five games, French is averaging 12.4 ppg and 8.2 rpg.
– Junior forward D.J. Foreman is fourth in the Atlantic 10 Conference in FG percentage (.629, 78-of-124). In conference games only, he leads the league in FG percentage (.659, 56-of-85).
– Senior guard Davell Roby is averaging 11.1 ppg. Earlier this year, he became the 31st Billiken to reach 1,000 career points. He is now No. 26 on SLU’s all-time scoring list with 1,081 points in his career.
– The Billikens lead the A-10 in scoring defense (65.5 ppg). They are also the A-10 leaders in rebounding margin (+5.1 in all games; +8.4 in conference games only).
– Dayton is coming off a home win against Fordham and enters Tuesday's game 12-14 overall and 6-8 in league play.
– Two Flyers averaged 16.0+ ppg. Josh Cunningham leads Dayton in scoring (16.4 ppg) and rebounding (8.6 rpg).
– Dayton is fifth in the Atlantic 10 Conference in scoring offense, averaging 73.9 ppg as a team. The Flyers lead the league in field-goal percentage (.486, 685-of-1410).
This is the 59th all-time meeting between the Billikens and Flyers ... Dayton leads the all-time series 32-26 ... the Billikens defeated the Flyers earlier this season at Chaifetz Arena.